DailyMailUK talking about devastating benzo problem for NHS and human cost

[Ta...]

Hi everyone, my British friend Emma Hames spoke with the Daily Mail UK about her horrifying experience with a benzodiazepine for their story on prescription pills, their cost to the NHS and the human cost. I know the Mail is tabloidy, but I thought they covered a lot of territory here. Also, they plug Emma’s movie she is making about her experience and her podcast about Benzos.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10105743/500m-shameful-cost-pills-patients-never-given.html

Thanks. Although I doubt anything will change unfortunately, it's good to see at least some people are aware of it.

From Cardiff myself actually

Hi Having a Mare and thanks for responding!

I hope the more awareness that is created has a positive net effect, as we all do. I’m super proud of Emma for getting her story out there in a big publication, though the Mail has a thousand stories gong all the time, it could easily get lost. I feel that getting in the news has to help keep pushing that needle forward. And in this story, an angle was how strapped the NHS is, and here’s a source of financial hemmorage, so maybe that’s another angle to get doctors/prescribers to get wiser.

That’s wonderful you’re from Cardiff, too! I think Emma would ultimately love to move back to France, or live on a boat. My father’s family hails from Wales, Ystraglinais north of Cardiff, but left in the early 1900’s. My great grandfather managed the mine, so when it shut down he moved the family to Pennsylvania. My last name is Morgan.  I have always wanted to travel to Wales to see the old family stomping grounds, so to speak.

Same, I traditionally hate the Daily Mail, but anyone getting a bit of awareness on this is a good thing.

Thanks for posting the article, TaterTot. I'm not a fan of the paper itself, but I do really appreciate that they covered this topic.

Thanks, friends.

Daily Mail can be garbage, but a lot of people do read it, so hopefully it plants seeds!