Author Topic: Setback Improvement - Will continue to update  (Read 2081 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Setback Improvement - Will continue to update
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2021, 03:51:53 pm »
Hey Time! This is very good report. Looks like you’ll be back to feeling healed in no time. As you know this is a testimony that even after feeling healed, we can have setbacks. Careful where we tread is a must! Your experience and documenting this on here can save someone else some added grief. Thanks! Best wishes to you,. Hugs

Thank you for your kind words! I have definitely continued to see small improvements over the last few days and I hope that if anyone in the future ends up in my shoes that this will at least give them a small glimmer of hope that we're not stuck here forever. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2021, 04:00:44 pm »
Well its been a few days and I am happy to report that I am continuing to see improvements. Saturday felt like an almost normal day to me which was absolutely amazing, I will truly never take for granted again how good it feels to just feel "normal". Yesterday and today have been filled with some anxiety again but its been much more manageable then it was during the first 2/3 weeks. I had some wicked insomnia last night and was woken several times in absolute terror but that seems to be a one off night compared to the last few decent sleeps that I've been started to have again.

I can eat again and my appetite has returned, I still have some bouts of nausea but nothing compared to like it was.
I'm getting windows throughout the day - its not symptom filled 24/7
I started exercising again and that seems to also be helping significantly
The ear issues I have having - tinnitus and sounds being much louder then they should be has also been gone for a few days now
My brain fog seems to be improving - I am able to concentrate and understand much much better.
My gut pain and issues also seem to be slowly improving and are much less prominent.

I am still dealing with some pretty intense anxiety and depression at times as well as shakiness all throughout the day but again its what I would consider "manageable" not comfortable by any means but I can deal with it.

Only up from here!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2021, 05:04:22 pm »
Hi Mytime!

I am glad you are progressing! I am down to 4mgs from 15mgs of valium in 15 months - but the depression, exhaustion, and zero motivation is shocking

Can I ask: how long did it take from the time you started to reduce dose to being benzo free in December 2019?

I see that it took about one year for symptoms to reside

Your story is encouraging and we need some encouragement over in withdrawal support. I thought I would have been set free months ago BUT I'm in for the long haul

Thank you

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2021, 07:30:47 pm »
Hi Mytime!

I am glad you are progressing! I am down to 4mgs from 15mgs of valium in 15 months - but the depression, exhaustion, and zero motivation is shocking

Can I ask: how long did it take from the time you started to reduce dose to being benzo free in December 2019?

Your story is encouraging and we need some encouragement over in withdrawal support. I thought I would have been set free months ago BUT I'm in for the long haul

Thank you

Hi!!

Thanks for pointing out that I didn't include that in my signature, ill make sure to add it/change it so it makes a bit more sense! I CT'd on December 2nd 2019. My doctor did not believe that my use could have caused dependence, (which is crazy because I went back and looked and he wrote me 5-6 scripts for 30tabs in 2019 alone, which is an average of 15 doses a month, although that's not how I took them) let alone believe me that I thought I was experiencing tolerance WD (which I was absolutely in!!!). He ultimately would not agree to put me on even a low dose to stabilize and then slowly taper. So that was that sadly!

It did take about a year for my symptoms to disappear. By Jan/Feb of this year I felt 100% "normal" again.

I'm so happy to hear that my story is encouraging! I really do not believe that everyone, or even most people deal with protracted withdrawal.

How are you doing?

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2021, 11:23:52 pm »
Hi Mytime!

Thank you

Hi!!

Thanks for pointing out that I didn't include that in my signature, ill make sure to add it/change it so it makes a bit more sense! I CT'd on December 2nd 2019. My doctor did not believe that my use could have caused dependence, (which is crazy because I went back and looked and he wrote me 5-6 scripts for 30tabs in 2019 alone, which is an average of 15 doses a month, although that's not how I took them) let alone believe me that I thought I was experiencing tolerance WD (which I was absolutely in!!!). He ultimately would not agree to put me on even a low dose to stabilize and then slowly taper. So that was that sadly!

It did take about a year for my symptoms to disappear. By Jan/Feb of this year I felt 100% "normal" again.

I'm so happy to hear that my story is encouraging! I really do not believe that everyone, or even most people deal with protracted withdrawal.

How are you doing?

Thank you so  much. I am quite sick mentally and physically. A little intimidating as I cannot lose my career.  But I'll make it. To hear you are 100% better is VERY encouraging.

You stated that you experienced tolerance withdrawal: what do you mean by this?

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2021, 12:14:37 am »
Hi Mytime!

Thank you

Hi!!

How are you doing?

Thank you so  much. I am quite sick mentally and physically. A little intimidating as I cannot lose my career.  But I'll make it. To hear you are 100% better is VERY encouraging.

You stated that you experienced tolerance withdrawal: what do you mean by this?

I was having WD symtpoms and the dose I was taking was no longer effective, even when I updosed from .25-.5 to .75-1mg it did nothing and I was needing 1.5mg in order to get any relief of symtpoms.

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling so much. I totally understand having to function even though you feel so ill - I'm a stay at home mom to young children and in nursing school and had to "make it work" while in WD. It was hard, but I managed.

I hope you get relief from your symtpoms very soon! Hang in there!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2021, 02:00:39 am »
Thank you Its My Time!! I am very happy for you and encouraged by you as well. I'll make it!

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2021, 02:04:57 am »
No Problem at all! If you have any other questions that I can give you my experience on let me know!
I hope you heal very soon! Hang in there!

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2021, 08:29:01 pm »
Hi Friends,

I'm continuing to feel decent! Which to me is improvement. My sleep has been terrible the last 2 nights especially, I wake up every 1-2 hours with terrible anxiety, thankfully I am able to get back to sleep but this reoccurs several times a night. I've been waking up with anxiety in the morning but it definitely fades to a much more "manageable" anxiety as the day progresses... I'm even noticing period of time where I don't feel anxious/sad at all. After going through WD once already I know this is all part of the process but it definitely doesn't make it any less frustrating. I'm trying my best to practice radical acceptance because I need to stop letting my symptoms (when they are minor) and FEAR of this potentially (because it may not ever happen again) absolutely rule my life.
I've started to talk with a therapist who is well versed in health anxiety and I'm hopeful to gain some coping skills from that.

Hang in there everyone, it does get better.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2021, 08:00:23 pm »
Glad you're seeing some improvement!  What are some of the coping skills you've learned in therapy?