Author Topic: Setback Improvement - Will continue to update  (Read 2079 times)

[Buddie]

Setback Improvement - Will continue to update
« on: October 18, 2021, 04:48:43 pm »
Hi everyone! The more and more reading I do the more I find that there are so many of us that seem to deal with setbacks. Setbacks due to medications, stress, supplements or other.

I'm 22 months off and for the majority of this year would have considered myself healed. On October 2nd, I was prescribed an antibiotic (doxycycline) for a suspected pneumonia, I only took 2 days worth before finding out that I didn't actually need to take the med (thanks to my wonderful family doctor who doubled checked everything for me i was able to stop taking it) but by this point it was already to late and I was thrown right back into acute WD, actually worse. The symptoms that I have experienced have honestly been worse then anything I have experienced during WD up until this point. Inability to eat (although I have continued to force myself to), waking up with rapid HR and anxiety surges, insomnia, eye floaters, severe anxiety, severe depression, shakiness, inner vibrations, headache, ear pain, jaw pain (probably from clenching constantly!) as well as others I'm sure I've forgot to mention.

Anyways enough about all the bad!!!! Everyday I am starting to see small improvements, and have been now since Thursday last week (so for the last 4 days or so). I am able to sleep ok again, my appetite has returned -not to the point it was at but I'm not having to force myself to eat, my severe anxiety has definitely improved as well as the depression, both are definitely still there but nowhere near as bad, and I am getting windows during the day and sometimes in the evening!

This has without a doubt been one of the most terrifying experiences to date but I am so happy, grateful and thankful to be seeing improvements! Even if they are small it is proof that someday I will get back to my old self again.

Even if no one comments I will continue to update this thread as time goes on, I have spent hours scanning this site for experiences with antibiotic setbacks and wish more people had documented theirs long term. Maybe my experience can give someone else hope someday!

I hope you are all healing quickly and have amazing windows today!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Setback Improvement - Will continue to update
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 03:44:51 pm »
Well, I slept last night and this morning I did not wake up with that nasty racing heart, severe anxiety, cortisol rush. First time in 18 days that I've woken up and felt normal.... That is a massive celebration for me today.

I think because I had a solid 6 months this year where I felt "Normal" its easy to forget how amazing and wonderful these feelings of normality really are. Im so happy, grateful and thankful for every small improvement and I will continue to celebrate and be thankful for the little things.  :smitten:

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 06:10:25 pm »
Thanks for the updates!

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 01:01:29 am »
Thank you for posting your updates. It is very important.

Looks like you had two antibiotic setbacks. One topical and then the oral one recently.

You are recovering from them. I am so happy for you that you're feeling better!

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 03:50:39 am »
[...] - very interesting what you say about the flu vaccine.i had it last October 20 too, and ended up in A and E on morphine. Start of all my issues.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 04:00:17 pm »
[...] - very interesting what you say about the flu vaccine.i had it last October 20 too, and ended up in A and E on morphine. Start of all my issues.

[...]

Hi. . I'm sorry you suffered. Are you better now after the flu vaccine?

What were your symptoms?

There still are a lot of people in withdrawal who get the flu shot with no issues. Then, there's a few like us.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2021, 04:45:50 pm »
Thank you for posting your updates. It is very important.

Looks like you had two antibiotic setbacks. One topical and then the oral one recently.

You are recovering from them. I am so happy for you that you're feeling better!

Yes that's correct! My topical setback was uncomfortable but very manageable.... this oral antibiotic setback on the other hand has been worse then what acute WD was like for me. Absolutely terrifying.

How sensitive our nervous systems are just absolutely blows my mind. Im working with my therapist right now to rationalize my fear of "sickness" moving forward because I'm literally terrified of ever needing to take ANYTHING again... although I need to keep remembering that we heal and eventually to a point where we can tolerate the normal things in life again. I just wish I had a magic ball and I knew when that was going to be!!! lol!!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2021, 04:49:31 pm »
Todays update!

I once again woke up without the intense fear/anxiety and rapid HR. I also felt like I could have gone back to sleep without a problem which is something I also haven't felt since before this setback. My baseline seems to also be getting better, I still have periods of anxiety and sadness but its not the deep super intense/impending doom feeling! I feel like this is getting to be much more manageable and not like I'm just trying to survive from one minute to the next. Again just more to celebrate and be so thankful for!!!!!!  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2021, 08:47:43 pm »
Okay, so yesterday sucked. It definitely wasn't my worst day by any means but the anxiety and depression hit hard! Same thing with the gut pain. I find days like that to be really frustrating, especially with how it changes the way I think. I'm normally such a positive person and its so hard to not be just filled with fear of the future when you are feeling like crap. 

Today on the other hand has been AMAZING... all day long I haven't had any issues other then some gut problems. I'm happy, my appetite is mostly back and I have so much hope. Today may just be a window and I make wake up feeling different tomorrow but I am so thankful for getting to experience today and it gives me SO MUCH HOPE for the future.

Hang in there everyone.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2021, 08:16:01 pm »
Hey Time! This is very good report. Looks like you’ll be back to feeling healed in no time. As you know this is a testimony that even after feeling healed, we can have setbacks. Careful where we tread is a must! Your experience and documenting this on here can save someone else some added grief. Thanks! Best wishes to you,. Hugs