Devices that might be helpful ?

[Ba...]

I am wondering if anybody has tried a physical device which has proven helpful?

I think there are some that cool your head, and have heard of the alpha stim which has an electric charge to it that may help.

Anyone tried a device?  Did it help or not?  I'd really appreciate some input.  Ready to give it a shot.  Have certainly tried everything else!

Thanks

[ba...]

I tried both.

Alpha Stim only made me ultra nauseous, even at the lowest setting.

The cooling devices for your head would be the CoolDrift Luxe. I used it every day for 2 months. What I found was that, it, on its own, would not put me to sleep. BUT it would enhance if I was using something else. For example, if I was using Mirtazapine to sleep, it would take about 2hr for me to fall asleep, but if I used the machine at the same time, I would fall asleep in 45min.

One thing I will give that machine is that it felt AWESOME, like it's melting your stress away. I saw felt because the machine died. One day I turned it on and it wasn't working. Since I'm in Canada, the process to get warranty was so cumbersome, I didn't bother doing it. I can and will fix it myself at some point, but I decided not to keep using it, since you can make a psychological tie to this thing, and you might not sleep without it if you're on it for too long.

Well that is interesting.

I don't think being dependent on a machine is so bad as a sleeping pill.  Does it take up a lot of space?  I don't have much room.

I will look it up.  Would it be too cold in Winter to use?

Thanks.

Anyone else try anything with a possibility of being helpful?

Oh, anyone try that HeartMath coherence thing?  Someone once mentioned that to me, someone who claimed to have helped many people sleep better.  I think this must be it:  https://store.heartmath.com/innerbalance?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=branding&utm_content=heartmath-innerbalance&network=g&utm_term=heartmath%20inner%20balance&gclid=CjwKCAjw8KmLBhB8EiwAQbqNoK4G5lbqwQzukf4j69aN4fKOcH9aW3jt0CKtuSgtlAdyapIRwg7WwhoCX1AQAvD_BwE

It does go on sale for $99.    I am terrible at technology, however.  Looks like you have to run it off your phone?

I have a fisher-wallace brain stimulater and I don't know if it helps or not. I use it consistently but I also take melatonin and diphenhydramine and I go to the gym and do other things to help my sleep. Saturday night, I got a full 8 hours and then Sunday I was back down to 2 hours again. It's very unpredictable and I don't know what causes what. I think my brain is just healing and that it's part of benzo WD. I can't wait until my sleep is more consistent.

I would say try the fisher-wallace and see if it helps?

HM

[ba...]

I don't think being dependent on a machine is so bad as a sleeping pill.  Does it take up a lot of space?  I don't have much room.

Thanks.

Oh, anyone try that HeartMath coherence thing?  Someone once mentioned that to me, someone who claimed to have helped many people sleep better.  I think this must be it:  https://store.heartmath.com/innerbalance?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=branding&utm_content=heartmath-innerbalance&network=g&utm_term=heartmath%20inner%20balance&gclid=CjwKCAjw8KmLBhB8EiwAQbqNoK4G5lbqwQzukf4j69aN4fKOcH9aW3jt0CKtuSgtlAdyapIRwg7WwhoCX1AQAvD_BwE

It does go on sale for $99.    I am terrible at technology, however.  Looks like you have to run it off your phone?

No physical device can make you dependent anywhere as near as drugs. If you got used to sleeping with a CoolDrift Device, you'd probably not be able to sleep for 2-3 days before your body compensated for it. Physical devices have very low risk of damaging your brain (This particular one has a small risk if you run it at max cooling. I can't think of anyone that would stand it, your skin would start hurting first)

The Heart Rhythm thing you linked is just a device that measures your heartrate and teaches you how to lower it. Not sure it's worth buying.

Fisher-Wallace and Alpha-Stim are similar devices. I never tested it long enough to know if it even worked for me, it just made me so nauseous. Might work for others.

I have a fisher-wallace brain stimulater and I don't know if it helps or not. I use it consistently but I also take melatonin and diphenhydramine and I go to the gym and do other things to help my sleep. Saturday night, I got a full 8 hours and then Sunday I was back down to 2 hours again. It's very unpredictable and I don't know what causes what. I think my brain is just healing and that it's part of benzo WD. I can't wait until my sleep is more consistent.

I would say try the fisher-wallace and see if it helps?

HM

How long have you used it for??

That is great that you go to the gym and all.  8 hours sounds wonderful!!!  aahhh.

Thanks.

No physical device can make you dependent anywhere as near as drugs. If you got used to sleeping with a CoolDrift Device, you'd probably not be able to sleep for 2-3 days before your body compensated for it. Physical devices have very low risk of damaging your brain (This particular one has a small risk if you run it at max cooling. I can't think of anyone that would stand it, your skin would start hurting first)

The Heart Rhythm thing you linked is just a device that measures your heartrate and teaches you how to lower it. Not sure it's worth buying.

Fisher-Wallace and Alpha-Stim are similar devices. I never tested it long enough to know if it even worked for me, it just made me so nauseous. Might work for others.

Really?  Thought the heart math was supposed to do more than that??  hmmm.

I have seen videos on 'coherent breathing', which is a paced breathing that is supposed to make your body work better-- all the systems in it, I think.  But maybe that is not what HeartMath does?

If you have a chance, look up Dr. Richard Brown and Dr. Gerbarg (she is his wife).  Kind of eastern breathwork and then they maybe know about herbs.  They are alternative  psychiatrists in NY I believe and teach  something to do with coherent breathing.

Be interested to know what you think!

• 1 month later...

Something not specifically marketed for sleep, but which makes a difference for me, is the grounding mat.  It grounds you to the earth's electrical energy (slightly negative charge) which IMO helps our physiology work at its best considering that is how we evolved on the earth.  It's a very subtle improvement but made a difference in my sleep 4 months after jumping and I sleep pretty well now (7-9 hours a night, still broken and sometimes restless but I am fine with it)...

www.earthing.com

Good Luck

[ba...]

Something not specifically marketed for sleep, but which makes a difference for me, is the grounding mat.  It grounds you to the earth's electrical energy (slightly negative charge) which IMO helps our physiology work at its best considering that is how we evolved on the earth.  It's a very subtle improvement but made a difference in my sleep 4 months after jumping and I sleep pretty well now (7-9 hours a night, still broken and sometimes restless but I am fine with it)...

www.earthing.com

Good Luck

I tried one at my worst, and it didn't help me. But I wonder if I roll it out again. I'm essentially 100% back to normal now.

www.earthing.com

Good Luck

Yes, this is something I will do for the rest of my life.  The data on inflammation and blood circulation are compelling to me.

Also, I will likely keep up with meditation for the rest of my life too.  Total upside, no downside.

I tried one at my worst, and it didn't help me. But I wonder if I roll it out again. I'm essentially 100% back to normal now.