Drank NA Beer, here we are. Wide awake

[Tu...]

Been 14 months since I jumped and almost 2 years since I’ve drank

Tonight (date with wife) I deceived to drink this craft beer with “less than .5 alcohol”

Figured what the hel? Why not?!

Now I’m awake and it’s 3:15am wondering if those set me off

Every little thing keeps me wide awake as a “side effect” it’s so annoying

Anyone else ever mess with NA beer or have similar issues when your body is sensitive to everything?

Yes, I drink them. I seemed to react a little at  1st, so stuck with the 0.05% for a while. I can have a couple of the 0.5% now with no problems. Some are actually pretty nice, and I'm not going to accept never drinking again so will build up my tolerance so at least I can enjoy a glass of wine with a meal or a beer or 2 with friends. I accept I'll probably not be getting drunk again.

[4d...]
I haven't had a drop of alcohol since last Oct of 2020. It's unlikely I will ever drink any ever again. I'm too terrified to even try.

I got to sleep just before 4am with the help of magnesium

Won’t be drinking anything related to alcohol anymore as it’s just not worth it

Slept like a baby last night

They have 0.0% beer if you still want to have a drink once in a while. I like the canned Heineken, it tastes pretty good. I have no problems with it.

[4d...]

They have 0.0% beer if you still want to have a drink once in a while. I like the canned Heineken, it tastes pretty good. I have no problems with it.

I actually don't like beer at all. I could drink one once in a while socially. What I do miss is an occasional Bacardi cooler, particularly in Summer weather.

I don't even know if one drink once in a while would hurt me. I'm going to wait another year and maybe try a couple of tablespoons, see how I handle it.

• 8 months later...
I tried a NA beer yesterday around 3pm and didn't sleep the whole night.  I can't believe it would have that effect, but your post makes me wonder.  Obviously, I wondered since I found it!  Did you ever try it again and decide for sure that is what kept you awake?  Gosh, I was so excited to have something good finally, a treat.

I drank 0% beer or as close to zero as you can get about 18 months after my CT...no issues.  Now that I am approaching 6 years off on August 5, 2022, I am able to drink 2-3 drinks at a time with no issues.  Usually I only have one.  I've been doing that for about 3 years now.  No issues no setbacks. Everyone is different, so the only way to know is to take a chance and try it, or just avoid alcohol.

I drink NA beers occasionally and sometimes I sleep after sometimes I don’t, but I stopped blaming the beers. I drank one a few nights ago and had an ok nights sleep.