Too scared to get COVID vaccine

[Me...]

Hello Meganz,

If you feel deep in your heart you don't want to take it then don't. Follow your gut. I took the 2 jabs and I know it put me back in Acute wd again.

Do whatever it takes to boost your immune system, brain function too keep you very healthy naturally. 😉

Always mask up indoors.

Mark

Had both no uptick in sx at all.  Same sx I had before and after.  If you don’t want to get it don’t but move on from it.  Quit stressing, you can’t live in fear either way.  When I have no sx I will live life to the fullest and live with the consequences of my decisions.  Life goes on!

I am scared to get the vaccine as well because of my sensitive damaged nervous system i dont know how i will react. I want to get it but i dont want to suffer any negative effects and anxiety but i dont want to get Covid either.

I am scared to get the vaccine as well because of my sensitive damaged nervous system i dont know how i will react. I want to get it but i dont want to suffer any negative effects and anxiety but i dont want to get Covid either.

I barely leave my apartment, so I'd be unlucky to get it. Will reassess when and if I heal. How long are you off scooby? You still sensitive?

I barely leave my apartment, so I'd be unlucky to get it. Will reassess when and if I heal. How long are you off scooby? You still sensitive?

Been off 8 1/2 years sensitive nervous system. Tight scalp muscle neck and back. I dont want to get the vaccine but i may have no choice, covid is here to stay and i cant be in my house the rest of my life.

Been off 8 1/2 years sensitive nervous system. Tight scalp muscle neck and back. I dont want to get the vaccine but i may have no choice, covid is here to stay and i cant be in my house the rest of my life.

Sorry to hear that. Yes it's not going anywhere, but the thing that gets me is you can still get it, pass it on, and die from it even if you are vaccinated. So, you can get the vaccine, have a setback for months, then catch it and end up either needing meds that cause another setback, long covid or worse. At least by not getting it you are taking the risk of a setback out of the equation.

Sorry to hear that. Yes it's not going anywhere, but the thing that gets me is you can still get it, pass it on, and die from it even if you are vaccinated. So, you can get the vaccine, have a setback for months, then catch it and end up either needing meds that cause another setback, long covid or worse. At least by not getting it you are taking the risk of a setback out of the equation.

From what i understand the vaccine reduces the risk of complications and death. When you say setback you mean side effects from the vaccine?. Many people have got it in protracted benzo withdrawal and had no problems.

From what i understand the vaccine reduces the risk of complications and death. When you say setback you mean side effects from the vaccine?. Many people have got it in protracted benzo withdrawal and had no problems.

Yes, but I'm still sensitive, so for me personally it's not worth it. Will reassess it a bit further down the line

Hi Meganz

I totally understand your choice. I am sitting that way as well.  It's taken me three years to be back to normal functioning after a nervous system collapse 3 years ago.  I think my system was so stuffed up from a botched up switch from clonazepam to diazepam in 2016,  in a medical detox facility...too fast (3 days ) to too low a dose (4.5mg instead of 7.5mg equivalent).

After reducing .1mg a month for a year I finally got down from 6mg to 5mg and finished my 3pm dose in Oct 2018 but my system collapsed.  Sx for months and then ongoing fatigue, overwhelmed and sweats. All my bloods were good except my neutraphils had declined gradually to borderline over the last 10 years (I keep a paper of my tests). The last 2 years I healed with time, bone broth, regular red meat and spirulina.  With this diet, within a year, my neutrophils have improved.  And I have too.  I'd say I'm 85% my old self.

My drug and alcohol counsellor,  when she met me 2 1/2 years ago, said not to try and reduce again as I might never come back and I totally was on the same page...so I sit on 5 mg diazepam since 2018.

I mask up every where I meet others,  outside or in. I am preparing an 'advanced care plan'.  It's not fun but if I end up in hospital the clinicians will have a detailed list of drugs that interact with diazepam and olanzapine and also the timing and doseage of my medications.  I started with checking the list that someone posted of the drugs they use in ICU and ED to treat covid. 

I've mainly used a drug interaction website called 'formulary' here in NZ.  But also a couple of notes on 'drugs.com' and anecdotal evidence here.  I am also seriously thinking of setting up a medic alert bracelet so that this info is immediately accessible to health professionals at all times.

Today I've made an appointment, in 10 days time, to have a phone consult with the Doctor (a new one, my last one wouldn't get vaccinated and lost his job,  that hasn't persuaded me.  This is my decision ..at the mo). By that time I hope to have a draft of my advance care plan and medic alert form which we can discuss. I have some questions of how to rate some medications as we all respond differently to different meds and I haven't had a supplement or other medication in 3 years since my system collapsed.  I think I may have two lists  DO NOT GIVE and PREPARED TO TRY BUT MONITOR.

This is the best care I can take of myself at this time.

I hope it all goes to plan for me, and that my new Doctor is supportive (I've only seen her once as my old Dr was hard to get appointments with as he was popular and he helped me).

BTW we can't get liquid diazepam or a pill smaller than 2mg in NZ.  I hope this post is helpful in some way.

I wish I could know that having the vax would be easy street but at the moment I can't.

Take care everyone.  :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I agree with those advocating for caution. My symptoms emerged two weeks after my booster shot. I was fine for the first two shots (Moderna), usual fever and achey arms, but nothing like that. I was recovered for 3 years and even posted a success story last year. So weigh your options.

Hey veggiebuddy.  What were your symptoms two weeks out?  I am trying to figure out what is causing some leg aches I have in both legs.  My aches started exactly two weeks after my 3rd dose of moderna.  So far it has been 3 weeks of aches.  Im not saying the vaccine caused it for sure but it is one of a few things that may be causing it.

Hey JBen, sorry to hear about your leg aches...as mentioned, I was recovered for 3 years, didn't think about WD, but after my booster (it was Moderna for the first two, then Pfizer for the booster), 2 weeks later I started getting hypnic jerks, burning skin, muscle twitching and tightness, insomnia. It was such a rude shock. It's been 39 days since then, and I still have symptoms. I do think with our sensitised nervous systems, it's easier to trigger flare ups. I hope you'll start to feel better. I don't have muscle aches but pretty bad muscle tightness.

Thanks for sharing. :). Hopefully your symptoms will go away soon.  Yeah my muscles are really tight in my legs causing the pain.  It could be that or just dehydration.  Im waiting on some test results.

I wish you the best of luck and send you some positive energy!

I’ve been waiting for the Novavax vaccine to be released. Then let the first group of people get it and look for immediate side effects and reactions, and then assess whether to get this particular vaccine. I think it might be safer than the other vaccines because it uses a protein based technology similar to regularly flu shots on a macro scale; but it is a little different. Hopefully it helps the vaccine hesitant like us, in our domain, who are struggling with fears of making CNS sxs worse.

Hey veggiebuddy.  What were your symptoms two weeks out?  I am trying to figure out what is causing some leg aches I have in both legs.  My aches started exactly two weeks after my 3rd dose of moderna.  So far it has been 3 weeks of aches.  Im not saying the vaccine caused it for sure but it is one of a few things that may be causing it.

Covid has caused me leg aches and tightness, so it makes sense to me that a reaction to the vaccine could cause it too.  It has also caused severe food reactions for me.

[96...]
I was having the best taper and was just about to jump. I was sleeping and back to work etc. my second Covid vaccine ruined me. I was sent into what felt like CT. I stopped sleeping, eating etc. I am now on a leave from work. I ended up taking a week worth of pregabalin as the nerve pain was just too much to bear as well as the lack of sleep. That ruined my CNS and mental state and am now recovering from that. I am now taking Remeron to sleep as it has been 3 weeks and I need to care for my family. Just my 2 cents but it ruined me.