Having a hard time staying asleep

[Be...]

I’m 8 weeks since my last dose of lorazepam. In that time I’ve had nights where it was difficult to sleep, but slept well for the most part.

Now though, I’m consistently having a hard time staying asleep. I mostly wake up around 3 then toss and turn until it’s time to get up. Last night I woke up around 11:39 and felt like I’d slept for hours.

It’s a weird, can’t get comfortable, stressed feeling. Almost like my limbs have a restless energy.

Anyone else experiencing similar things?

Yes.  Many of us on here experiencing the same thing.  While I have not found a cure I do believe in weighted blankets.  They seem to help with the restless leg/limbs AND delay the cortisol surges.  It is not a cure by any means but every little thing helps.

Yes.  Many of us on here experiencing the same thing.  While I have not found a cure I do believe in weighted blankets.  They seem to help with the restless leg/limbs AND delay the cortisol surges.  It is not a cure by any means but every little thing helps.

Ah, gotcha. I get hot easily, weighted blankets don’t really work.

Hey Ronin, sorry to hear you're still having new issues, but what you've got is pretty "normal".  The 3 am issue is the cortisol surge.  I have a hard time getting past it. 

Hey Ronin, sorry to hear you're still having new issues, but what you've got is pretty "normal".  The 3 am issue is the cortisol surge.  I have a hard time getting past it.

Thanks. I shouldn’t be surprised by new symptoms, they always seem to show up when I least expect it.

Hey there, B-R,

I just suffer from insomnia in general. Some nights, I am lucky enough to fall asleep pretty early but then I wake up after 2 or 3 hours and I am up for the rest of the night. I am sorry you're having to deal with that.

HM

Cortisol or Adrenaline surges? Professor Ashton tested the patients she treated in her clinic, and found no cortisol surges. However, your body releases adrenaline in the morning to help you wake up, and it can make you feel restless. GTF Chromium 200 mg in the evening, and another 200 mg at bedtime, stopped the early adrenaline surges. Recommended by a now former member. Worked for them, works for me, not sure the mechanics behind why. For the really bad nights, Vistaril or Atarax can help, but don't use more than twice a week, as your body gets used to its sedating effects. It's a prescription antihistamine, and you'll have to find a dose that works for you. Some find 25 mg is enough, others need more. 50 mg does it for me.

And I've checked in for my monthly visit, don't know when I'll be back, but I went down a few mg while mostly absent from this forum. I just don't feel I need to be here, and see little where I'm needed. I'm kinda lone rangering things now. I just feel where I am now in life, that I need time away from here. It's just better for me. Take care all.

Cortisol or Adrenaline surges? Professor Ashton tested the patients she treated in her clinic, and found no cortisol surges. However, your body releases adrenaline in the morning to help you wake up, and it can make you feel restless. GTF Chromium 200 mg in the evening, and another 200 mg at bedtime, stopped the early adrenaline surges. Recommended by a now former member. Worked for them, works for me, not sure the mechanics behind why. For the really bad nights, Vistaril or Atarax can help, but don't use more than twice a week, as your body gets used to its sedating effects. It's a prescription antihistamine, and you'll have to find a dose that works for you. Some find 25 mg is enough, others need more. 50 mg does it for me.

And I've checked in for my monthly visit, don't know when I'll be back, but I went down a few mg while mostly absent from this forum. I just don't feel I need to be here, and see little where I'm needed. I'm kinda lone rangering things now. I just feel where I am now in life, that I need time away from here. It's just better for me. Take care all.

I’m glad it worked for you. I’m scared to try anything right now.

Good luck!