internal restlessness

[Al...]

Does anyones anxiety present as a feeling of restlessness in their chest? I can feel mine there clear as day and it's the most uncomfortable feeling. It comes in waves and will usually only last a day or two at most. This wave however is longer and I'm going on day 4 of this awful feeling. This is the first time since I jumped I've thought about benzos. I won't take them but it sucks feeling like it's the only thing that will make this feeling go away. Has anyone had this and it went away and didnt come back?

Yes definitely, and it will go away.  You have to be patient, which I know feels almost impossible with high anxiety.  What I always tell people is to just keep breathing, keep alive, and eventually you will feel better. It's easier if you can be accepting of the symptoms and realize that it's just WD.  Have you read the Ashton Manual?  It's helpful because it lists a lot of benzo withdrawal symptoms.  You can use that list to check if your symptoms are on there.

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm

Yes I have read it. I think you feel messed up for so long it can be hard to remember what "normal' is or was. I feel like I'm damaged now. I was only on this stuff for 6 month before i started tapering! How can so much damage happen so fast!

Yes I have read it. I think you feel messed up for so long it can be hard to remember what "normal' is or was. I feel like I'm damaged now. I was only on this stuff for 6 month before i started tapering! How can so much damage happen so fast!

I got severely damaged from 3 weeks of use and then a CT.  These drugs are outrageously dangerous.  I found another symptoms list that was gathered from many different people in withdrawal.  Maybe you'll find this more useful than the manual.  I checked these lists constantly when I was suffering to make sure it was just withdrawal.  I found some sort of comfort in that. 

https://baylissa.com/symptoms-a-to-z-list/ 

Yes, I know it can be hard to remember normal.  But once you're normal, you may find it hard to remember how horrid you felt in WD. 

I have the book written by her! Thank you I think im still in disbelief this is from benzos. I need to just accept it. How are you doing now? 3 weeks, wow that's insane. I know 2 people who were on them for years and stopped no problem, guess we are the unlucky ones :(

I have Long Haul Covid, so I'm not well at all.  But before I got Covid, I had completely healed from withdrawal and was doing more or less fine.  It really does end!