Tips For NOT Coming On Here?

[ne...]

I have spent the last few weeks obsessively scrolling these forums and watching benzo videos and I feel it is harming me. However my anhedonia has me uninterested in doing anything else. Any suggestions?

I’m struggling with the same thing. All I know is it’s best to not be here with what your dealing with as it just fuels the stress, anxiety, and obsession. Try to work at doing the things you loved before even if you don’t feel anything. I know it sounds backwards but over time your feelings should come back if you keep at it. That’s what I’ve heard from people who’ve recovered. Good luck 👍

When the constant scrolling becomes too much for me I turn to distractions.

• I bake a lot now from scratch - never did this before. 
  • I also do tasks around the house.  Sometimes I am feeling so bad it has to be small tasks but I do it.
  • Go for a walk.  I walk and walk and walk around the neighborhood.  While walking I am mindful of everything - tree shapes, house styles, leaves.  I try to use this as a sort of meditation enjoy the beauty - even where there may be none.
  • I dream about a time when I will heal.  I do a lot of online research about something I may want to get into or a place I want to visit.  I use google maps to explore.  Sometimes I get lost for hours in researching.  Just pick a topic and go!
  • If I need a sense of community I go back on BB and stick to threads where others are just trying to connect.  I slide into dm’s to develop closer relationships.
  • If I still have a need to scroll I find ways of helping others in need of support and encouragement.  It actually really helps me to help others.

Hope this helps.  This works for me.  It may or may not work for you!

Me too. I want to stop logging on here, and getting triggers, and wasting the day.

it’s a shame we can’t temporarily stop our access

They can disable your account temporarily. I have had the admins do that for me before. I have had to take breaks a few times.

• 3 months later...

Me too. I want to stop logging on here, and getting triggers, and wasting the day.

Haha, I like that idea, but don't think I would have admins disable it- what if someone forgets to reinstate it? 

Good recommendations JBen!

Haha, I like that idea, but don't think I would have admins disable it- what if someone forgets to reinstate it? 

Good recommendations JBen!

Its automatic, you select the length of time and it counts down.  ;) 

This is one of my favorite websites, but it can get a little overwhelming if you spend too much time here. Before I decided to actively post, I use to just drop in daily and read-only but I do enjoy talking to others.

I think once many ppl recover and start to feel better, they don't come here as much and who can blame them. These drugs disrupt your life in so many ways. Withdrawal can literally steal years from you that you should be using actively living and enjoying your life.

I am glad there are ppl like Pam here and all the other admins and mods and many longtime members who have recovered and decided to stick around and help others. These ppl also should take breaks away from this forum and not burn themselves out so they can effectively continue to help others.

These ppl also should take breaks away from this forum and not burn themselves out so they can effectively continue to help others.

I took an 8 year break from 2011 to 2019!  :laugh:

There were some truly inspiring success stories tonight! If you come on - read those! The admin's who've jumped are here to guide and support those in the worst of times -

I don't read many doom posts as I am not qualified to help. Just started my taper. I tend to read more of the links and reference materials and to touch base with my coach. I do read some of the more troubling and scary posts but if I feel it affecting my body I stop. Log off, friend. Blue light is no bueno anyway - especially at night. I read a lot of posts early on about reading books as a distraction, which is what Im about to do, and I think its far better than being online - here or anywhere else.

I wish you all the best. if theres one thing Ive learned in my 10 days or so on here is my story isn't anybody else story. the signatures contain a lot of insight. try not to internalize what you've read as the roadmap for what will happen to you. That was me the first few days on BB for sure and I was panicked, BUT

The one thing is that is always written here - "it will get better".  I have chosen to trust and believe that it will be so.

good luck and good night!