Fainting while falling a sleep?

[Si...]

Lo ha,

Has anyone else experienced a sort heavy feeling on the chest, slow bpm, then the feeling like you are fainting. drop in blood pressure while trying to fall asleep?

This was my problem before benzo. as I am tapering down this symptom seems to be returning.

Any thoughts what it could be, or what could help?

I don't have any experience with this but could you add a few more details? 

Did this phenomenon go away when you were on benzo's, have you seen a doctor for it, do you fall asleep after this feeling or does it wake you up?  Are you on any medications for blood pressure, what is it on a typical day?  Are you prone to fainting?

Certainly.

This phenomenon went away when I was on 1mg or 1.5mg of lorazepam.

I believe, because I fell asleep much quicker then I normally would. I wondered if I still experienced this phenomenon behind the medication for a while but eventually I thought it went away. been 1 year now.

back then this phenomenon always occurred before falling asleep when my heartrate would go between 55-40 and saturation dropping to 88.

It was hard trying to fall asleep with this feeling.

it usually would require a few tries then eventually I could get some sleep. but as a result of experiencing this every night prior to benzo use I had serve sleep deprivation. Anxiety would build around this.

I did see a doctor about this and had some tests done including: 5 day ECG, Ultrasound heart check and eventually a sleep exam with EEG.

- ECG gave back some skipped beats and nightly bradycardia.

- Ultrasound showed a good pump function.

- Sleep exam showed up some rhythmic muscle contractions this could of been my dystonia before or just teeth grinding. It was interpreted by a neurologist but brushed off as nothing. saturation didnt drop below 90% that night. I slept with 1.5 lorazepam during this test. honestly I had a good night sleep and didnt expect anything to come from it.

- My blood pressure by day is good: 100-120 by 70-90 there were occasions that I had a very low BP like 90-60. I would have to check the BP device memory for the exact numbers. I cant measure it by night.

In conclusion: all test came back good. apart from bradycardia. a lot of people get bradycardia in rest. which is fine without symptoms.

with symptoms, it most likely is due to stress and other causes then the bradycardia. seeing we are talking about nightly bradycardia and not by day.  by day my sinus rhythm is 72 bpm.

the symptoms by day I could talk on forever . seeing I am in w/d. one that would stand out which I had prior to benzo is some dizziness and sudden drop sensation. like prone to dropping but not  actually dropping.

I suspect its blood pressure.

Wow, thank you for all of the information, I've never heard of an event like this.  In an effort to get more replies for this issue I've moved your post to withdrawal support since there is more traffic on this board.  I'm truly interested to know what others think or if anyone else has experienced it.

Thank you for moving this post and for caring.

I hope anyone can shed some light on this.

The prognosis with this issue to me is not a great one since this phenomenon is the thing I fear the most.

Its difficult to get past.

The past few nights have been normal again.

Am also planning to see someone about this, but due to waiting list its a few months away.

I dont expect much to come from that.

Any advice that I get from here can be of great help.