New statistics report of healing

[Sc...]

Studies report 10-44% of chronic benzodiazepine users experience moderate to severe protracted withdrawal symptoms upon cessation lasting months to years; some have suggested calling this phenomena "Benzodiazepine Induced Brain Injury" or "Benzodiazepine Injury Syndrome".

This is written in the new article of zoom session of bb.

44% means almost half of the chronic users will be protracted, that's so depressive to hear.

I'd read elsewhere roughly half people experience withdrawal from AD's and benzos. Brain injury describes it well, after 32 months of this , that is definitely what it feels like!! How are you finding the Propronol? Thinking trying low dose for awful mental symptoms.

Well I can't say what improvement I felt after propranolol as my doc prescribed the same time I was prescribed benzos.

Although I tapered from 40mg to 10 mg, when I further reduced to 5 mg i was hit soooo bad. I went upto 10mg again.

I might assume p is helping with chest pain n physical anxiety.

But if you can handle the zipiclone withdrawal I won't suggest to add P.

3 years you have suffered, did you feel better than the past years? Can you feel the healing?

I wasn't too bad the first few months, but had adverse reaction to the AD's which I'm assuming made the withdrawal symptoms a lot worse. Not coping at all which is why J'm considering something else. Had lot emotional stress earlier in year from my awful family didn't help. Never had a window, getting rapid cycling symptoms and bad waves recently. Everyone keeps saying you will recover but not feeling any healing so far.iDon't really get physical symptoms with the anxiety just intrusive thoughts make you feel going crazy.

I wasn't too bad the first few months, but had adverse reaction to the AD's which I'm assuming made the withdrawal symptoms a lot worse. Not coping at all which is why J'm considering something else. Had lot emotional stress earlier in year from my awful family didn't help. Never had a window, getting rapid cycling symptoms and bad waves recently. Everyone keeps saying you will recover but not feeling any healing so far.iDon't really get physical symptoms with the anxiety just intrusive thoughts make you feel going crazy.

I think CT is what made you miserable.

Anyway now that the poison is out of you, you can try gingko bilova, it has been promising for many...

Or cbd oil or magic mushroom?

I think if anyhow you could reduce your suffering, then may be within a maximum of 24 months you could feel lot lot better.

You have stood so long, just few more time..

Been 32 months off zopiclone. Did try CBD oil, J'm too scared to try magic mushrooms!! Git phone appt with GP in a month see if there is anything non benzo and not AD I can take. Probably asking the impossible😕

Studies report 10-44% of chronic benzodiazepine users experience moderate to severe protracted withdrawal symptoms upon cessation lasting months to years; some have suggested calling this phenomena "Benzodiazepine Induced Brain Injury" or "Benzodiazepine Injury Syndrome".

44% means almost half of the chronic users will be protracted, that's so depressive to hear.

Hey ScaredCat.  I would like to read this.  Can you show me the link to the article?

[39...]
All I know is this takes way longer than any of us thought , for me to still not healed at 34 months is unbelievable. I am certain I will heal but who knows when .

Hey ScaredCat.  I would like to read this.  Can you show me the link to the article?

You need to ask MsAtomicBomb for that study. It comes from this post: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=261375.0

All I know is this takes way longer than any of us thought , for me to still not healed at 34 months is unbelievable. I am certain I will heal but who knows when .

I understand that you're not healed post 34 months. That said have you noticed any significant improvements?

Hi Scaredcat, hoping you can hang in for a bit longer when healing is in sight. What are your worst symptoms after all these months? We are very impatient with ourselves aren’t we? Impatience brings stress and that doesn’t help. It’s very hard. Bless you.

[39...]

I understand that you're not healed post 34 months. That said have you noticed any significant improvements?

Oh Yes! I would say I am 95 % healed

i'm in the same boat 33 months of benzo's and still feeling pretty bad sometimes i am very scared i won't heal

i'm in the same boat 33 months of benzo's and still feeling pretty bad sometimes i am very scared i won't heal

What percentage of normalcy would you rate yourself?

Is ur improvement mostly linear, how long does waves last?