3 AM anxiety

[Be...]

Well, at least it’s been a few weeks since I last woke up to a panic attack. 8 weeks off lorazepam and I’m still dealing with physical and emotional side effects. It’s not as bad, but still bad. Typing this message a little after 3 AM, and wondering if I’ll ever be free of these side effects.

Me too benzo-ronin.  Everyday it is the same thing.  I wake up with raging adrenaline coursing through my veins at 3am every morning.  Today is no exception.  It is 430am here and I’ve been up for some time.

We will, eventually, be free.  It will take time.

Me too benzo-ronin.  Everyday it is the same thing.  I wake up with raging adrenaline coursing through my veins at 3am every morning.  Today is no exception.  It is 430am here and I’ve been up for some time.

We will, eventually, be free.  It will take time.

I’m sorry to hear that. It’s rough. That we’ll one day be free is the one slim hope I hold on too. But it sure is taking its time.

3 is usually the time I wake up as well. Feeling anxious and scared and can’t go back to sleep. It comes in waves and I’m on day 4 right now hoping to catch a break soon. Is this daily for you?

3 is usually the time I wake up as well. Feeling anxious and scared and can’t go back to sleep. It comes in waves and I’m on day 4 right now hoping to catch a break soon. Is this daily for you?

Sometimes fear accompanies the waking. I recently had a 3 am panic attack. But it’s mostly a sense of can’t lie still/can’t get comfortable. Lots of tossing and turning.

I usually pop awake around 3-4 and then lay there, mostly fine except for the adrenaline and inability to get back to sleep.  Later, around 6 or so, I get the anxiety.  Not sure why later, but I do.  This morning it became panic, but I went a month or so without panic so that was good.

Same here! I’ve been tapering .25 of Xanax that I took for 2 months. My doc didn’t warn me and I’m so upset that I didn’t research this medicine. Having a horrible time with burning skin and scalp, Panic attacks at 3am, increased anxiety unlike I’ve ever experienced, depression is setting in due to the burning and anxiety. I’m having to taper longer than I took the poison. Sometimes I have to pace the floor or go on long walks. It’s so scary. I pray we all heal soon. My spirit is broken. Bless you.

• 1 month later...
I went through this. I am 7 months off now. It definitely gets better. The thing is this whole thing takes time and you just have to gut it out until things turn. They will turn. Without a doubt. You will put this behind you. I did. And I thought this was my life forever ... each day I woke up at 4 a.m. with a feeling I was being squeezed in my stomach and severe panic. The panic started leaving this month. it got better before it left altogether. Just hang in there. this sucks but the worse will be behind you.

It does get better, indeed. It takes way longer than you'd like (because we want it to be better immediately, never mind lasting months) but it does ease up. I was waking up at 6-7 am wide awake with anxiety for a month, that is gone now. I still get woken up by cortisol/anxiety if I sleep more than 8 hours, and it is worse during waves,but it does improve.

I sleep about 8 hours with the help of Trazodone and then wake up to inner vibrations and extreme anxiety, I have days in between where this doesn't happen, all of this made worse by taking Doxycycline for Diverticulitis, I was beginning to feel much better, fewer attacks and then I had to take Doxycycline, I finished the Doxy two days ago, and this morning no panic attack...hope this continues, no fun.

Must be awful to be dragged back down into the depths. I was starting to feel better than I had a drink of alcohol after about a month of a window and it hit me with a big wave. At least thats what I think caused it.

Keep us updated!

The early waking has been happening to me for three nights straight and this morning I'm at the end of my tether.  Shaking and panicking.  I need support.  I'm so miserable.  :'(  I woke up at 1:00 AM and have been awake since.  The panic started around 6:00.  I can hardly stand it!

Sage Hill, That has been happening to me, at first it was nights of this and lately it has eased off, now just early morning and once I get up and get busy and drink water and eat something, the panic goes away.  It's really amazing how the use of Benzos can do so much harm and in so many ways, I wish you health and healing and let us know how you are doing.  Hugs, Spazzie

Sage Hill, That has been happening to me, at first it was nights of this and lately it has eased off, now just early morning and once I get up and get busy and drink water and eat something, the panic goes away.  It's really amazing how the use of Benzos can do so much harm and in so many ways, I wish you health and healing and let us know how you are doing.  Hugs, Spazzie

Thank you Spazzie.  Yes, these mornings are just the pits.  This morning is better than yesterday morning.  I've learned I can't eat fruit right now.  It will cause a blood sugar crash and panic attack.  So if I need food at 3 in the morning, it has to be protein. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've joined the 3am panic wake up crew

Started on monday and had it every night since

I think I've hit tolerance now I'm down to 1.5mg of valium....