Should I take a break from BenzoBuddies?

[05...]

[05...]
Whenever I am at my worst I find myself scrolling this website reading endless stories. It usually drives me into a further panic thinking that I’ll never recover. I feel like maybe not reading or seeking help on here will help me distract from this horrible withdrawl. Im looking for answers on this website that just don’t exist, everyone is different and I should stop comparing ring myself to others. Has anyone experienced a relief in mental symptoms from leaving this forum for a period of time. Thanks

I have the same issue, sometimes coming on here and reading / scrolling endlessly can put a large amount of fear into me - even though things are going "relatively" well for me on my taper.

I also find though that scrolling here gives me an immense amount of compassion and empathy for what others are going through who have it much worse than myself - reading the stories of people who have been on benzos for 20 years and have so much courage to finally get them out of their lives is inspiring for me and makes me want to keep going. But yes, I think maybe limiting time if you find a lot of fear coming up for you when reading posts on BenzoBuddies or maybe going to the "success stories" board here could be really helpful.

As a wise person recently told me, "This is your story not anyone else’s. You got this"  :thumbsup:

I completely understand how you feel on this, I have experienced the same thing, but as the other bb said I try not to compare even though it’s hard not to. Try to keep in mind we are all different

Hi lqtys, I saw your reply on the string how did it go with the dry Valium tapering, I have yet to find an accurate scale

Going to start tapering soon as I just crossed over to Valium recently from Ativan and having trouble deciding which method to choose.

@ Lookingtobebetter>>>>>I simply drop in from time to time to offer support, read a little, and to post an occasional question without becoming overwhelmed. I think spending too much time here or elsewhere on the internet is unhealthy, but reading the benzo horror stories and the success stories here both help me to cope. Knowing that I am not alone in this sometimes "hell" gives me comfort on a certain level. Open ended Questions like when will this end, will I ever feel better, how much longer, etc can not be answered here or anywhere else on the internet as a matter of fact. You sound like you may need to take a break, but I would not stay away forever. Maybe, just drop in and post questions when you have them and read any replies to your questions and not wander all over the forum reading so much.