Nocturia

[Li...]

I’m 32 months off and still dealing with this. I wake up multiple times a night to pee. Every single night. It’s only a small amount, but I have to do it otherwise I can’t go back to sleep. It started about a year into withdrawal. I’ve done urine and blood tests and was told everything looks normal. I’ve tried not drinking anything hours before bed but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. I’ve also tried training my bladder but that doesn’t seem to work either. Just wondering if anyone else has had this and if there’s anything I can do about it. Thanks guys.

Yes. I have been dealing with this.

Have you had your blood sugar checked? They tested mine, and I am diabetic. The number of times I wake up and urinate seems excessive even with blood sugar issues. I certainly don't urinate once per hour during the day. Just at night. 

Hope you find a way to sleep without getting up to go to the bathroom over and over. It is very frustrating. I would share my "fix" for the problem, but I've not found that yet.

I haven’t got it checked, that’s a good idea though thank you for the suggestion. And glad to know I’m not the only one. It’s such a frustrating thing to deal with.

Oh yes I have this too.  Some nights I'm up 6-7 times and I don't have that much pee but I can't relax to sleep unless I relieve myself.  I figure that the bladder receptors are overactive and I just go along with it.  I don't think there's anything we can do.

I have to get up 2 or 3 times a night and it is really annoying because I am dealing with insomnia and I never know if I can go back to sleep or not after I use the restroom. I hope, for all of our sakes, it eases up. I should probably get checked for diabetes.

HM

Yes, exactly HeartMost - I always shuffle back to bed thinking the same thing.  I have learned to stop those thoughts in their tracks, and accept whatever comes.  I find that if I'm successful in not thinking about it I will indeed fall back to sleep.  If I continue to think about it there's just no way to sleep when thinking about sleep.