The Tapping Solution Worked Early This Morning When I Headed to Zero Sleep!

[Bl...]

Shout to my new Benzo Friend Sage Hill who this morning in my desperation suggested the Tapping Solution! I was headed for zero  last night and at 4am watched the YouTube Clip on the technique (why not, I been awake a lot..what to lose). I did it for roughly 20 mins til I was tired of it. BOOM! Sleep! One hour! Woke Up, did it again and BOOM! Another hour or so...woke up and did it a third time..BOOM! Sleep again! Had to 2 to 3 hours deep sleep.

It makes sense! You are giving that voice in your head a platform to be heard and hopefully you run out crap to say to yourself which leads to a still mind...plus you are tapping meridian points in the body.

Feeling so happy for 2/3 hours sleeps seems silly but I am!

BB - Another tool for Insomnia

Grateful,

Blue

[37...]
I think a huge portion of insomnia is due to the psychological trauma we go thru. I think I'll try the tapping tonight. I do the rhythmic breathing and it cuts about 30mins out of my sleep onset, so it does work, but you have to keep doing it every night constantly for months, until your brain starts getting used to it.

I think a huge portion of insomnia is due to the psychological trauma we go thru. I think I'll try the tapping tonight. I do the rhythmic breathing and it cuts about 30mins out of my sleep onset, so it does work, but you have to keep doing it every night constantly for months, until your brain starts getting used to it.

I completely agree. The psychological aspect of Insomnia is huge! My wife is saying I get light sleep during my bedtime stories time between midnight and whenever even though I think I'm awake. She said there is no way I can be on only 3 hours of sleep today. I should be a zombie though I feel pretty decent. She catches me many times snoring in front of the TV and tells me later I was sleeping when I thought my eyes were simply closed..I can hear everything around me. I will admit the times goes by very quickly during the bedtime stories...I thought it might be just wishful but wife says I have no sense of accurate calibration of my sleep. THIS MIGHT BE WHERE MY ANXIETY roots from?? I can't gauge from years of valium abuse?

This notion that I must have 6 hours of DEEP SLEEP is some crazy psychologic goal that may or may not happen but I certainly won't suffer if it doesn't happen from sleep deprivation? Breathing app is downloaded and ready..thanks for the tip Buddy!  :)

Friends,

Could you please describe how you do the breathing exercises?

I must admit that I often give up after few minutes because it feels like it makes my heart beat faster.

Thank you very much for your advice!

Friends,

I must admit that I often give up after few minutes because it feels like it makes my heart beat faster.

Thank you very much for your advice!

Hi,

I download the app Breathwrk but I am sure there are other apps. Search "Breathing exercises" in the app store...hope this helps  :)

[37...]

I completely agree. The psychological aspect of Insomnia is huge! My wife is saying I get light sleep during my bedtime stories time between midnight and whenever even though I think I'm awake. She said there is no way I can be on only 3 hours of sleep today. I should be a zombie though I feel pretty decent. She catches me many times snoring in front of the TV and tells me later I was sleeping when I thought my eyes were simply closed..I can hear everything around me. I will admit the times goes by very quickly during the bedtime stories...I thought it might be just wishful but wife says I have no sense of accurate calibration of my sleep. THIS MIGHT BE WHERE MY ANXIETY roots from?? I can't gauge from years of valium abuse?

This notion that I must have 6 hours of DEEP SLEEP is some crazy psychologic goal that may or may not happen but I certainly won't suffer if it doesn't happen from sleep deprivation? Breathing app is downloaded and ready..thanks for the tip Buddy!  :)

Most people only need around 1hr to 1.5hr of deep sleep, and 1.5hr of REM sleep. The rest is usually light sleep.

I'm pretty in tune with my body, so I know how much I slept based on how I feel in the morning.

I use how I feel after a night shift (where I was forcefully awake due to the job). Compare that to how you feel going to bed.

In acute, I knew I wasn't sleeping anything because when I got out of bed, I would feel exactly the same as if I had done a night shift. 4 days straight of that, and I would wonder how I could still be alive.

But when I started getting "better", I'd go to bed at 12midnight, would be wide awake until 6am (I could count the hours). Then suddenly I'd realize it was 9am. I had fallen asleep for 3hr (heavily sedated on Trazadone, and later on Mirtazapine).

Then I started "falling asleep" earlier, where I'd be semi-conscious, but non-stop dreaming. So I bet that was very light sleep, enough that you still feel like crap in the morning, but reduced by 30% compared to a complete night awake.

I thought the same at first: "Oh this is silly, this isn't going to work". But when I got desperate enough I figured I might as well try. The method I chose was: Breathe in fully for a 4 second period. Hold for 4, exhale for 6 seconds. Hold for 4 seconds, repeat. It took about 2 weeks to start noticing a difference, and I would literally do it for hours at a time at first.

Now it just takes me 10min of it to cut my sleep onset by 30min.

Hi, I agree with you 100% and your understanding of my gauging how much "Sleep" is off. This is why I love this board...another person gives their opinion and together a solid conclusion may be reached..you and my wife are hitting it on the head....and yes, we only need the amount of sleep you described above...that being said here is what happened last night..

I had a six last night with an additional 1 of light sleep. I know many are reading this after a night struggle. It is meant to give you hope....Here is what happen...

Instead of allowing mother nature to dictate the lights through the sun, I turned on several lights in the house to trick my brain that it is still day time...I did this just before Sunset which is now 630pm here in L.A. I also did this to help reset my brain as it was wanting to sleep at  9pm for the last two weeks and waking me up at 1130pm for a night of struggle.

1030pm last night  - turn off all the lights, took a dose of liquid Valerian, started tapping technique. How do I know while I'm doing it is working?

I start to yawn! Even if I don't yawn, after 20 mins I stopped and boom shorty after I went into deep sleep...woke up at 1130pm...immediately started tapping technique before that intrusive thoughts pattern again which revs me up... Boom, fell back to sleep until 330 am...woke up and did same thing..tapping right away...back to sleep until 530am...tapping again..light sleep until 630am.....sunrise

I will repeat this process tonight....regardless, last night was awesome and to return to a night without anxiety was a gift....I'm in a window right now...Amen

Hi,

Did you try it? I hope it worked!  :)

Hi, I agree with you 100% and your understanding of my gauging how much "Sleep" is off. This is why I love this board...another person gives their opinion and together a solid conclusion may be reached..you and my wife are hitting it on the head....and yes, we only need the amount of sleep you described above...that being said here is what happened last night..

I had a six last night with an additional 1 of light sleep. I know many are reading this after a night struggle. It is meant to give you hope....Here is what happen...

Instead of allowing mother nature to dictate the lights through the sun, I turned on several lights in the house to trick my brain that it is still day time...I did this just before Sunset which is now 630pm here in L.A. I also did this to help reset my brain as it was wanting to sleep at  9pm for the last two weeks and waking me up at 1130pm for a night of struggle.

1030pm last night  - turn off all the lights, took a dose of liquid Valerian, started tapping technique. How do I know while I'm doing it is working?

I start to yawn! Even if I don't yawn, after 20 mins I stopped and boom shorty after I went into deep sleep...woke up at 1130pm...immediately started tapping technique before that intrusive thoughts pattern again which revs me up... Boom, fell back to sleep until 330 am...woke up and did same thing..tapping right away...back to sleep until 530am...tapping again..light sleep until 630am.....sunrise

I will repeat this process tonight....regardless, last night was awesome and to return to a night without anxiety was a gift....I'm in a window right now...Amen

I've had nights like that. Glad it's working for you!

[37...]

Hi,

Honestly it slipped my mind, but I was still able to fall asleep in 30 mins. I just do my 10 min breathing and down I go................................but I've noticed that when I start cutting carbs, sleep onset suffers tremendously. I have now attempted a keto diet 5 times. It works great! I don't feel hungry at all the whole day..................................but when I try to sleep, doesn't happen. I have to get up after 3-4hr, eat something carby, and then I will fall asleep. It's really frustrating me right now. I used to be able to do intermittent fasting for days at a time, and still sleep.

Even the breathing doesn't work if I don't have any carbs, so I'm trying to train my body to eat more fat and less carbs until I get below 30mg of carbs daily.

I'm not really a good test case anymore, because for all intents and purposes I am healed. I wish I was back to my before drugs status, but I know that a lot of people on this board would sell their kidney and lung to have what I have been given back, so I try to stay positive.

Hi,

I have now attempted a keto diet 5 times. It works great! I don't feel hungry at all the whole day..................................but when I try to sleep, doesn't happen. I have to get up after 3-4hr, eat something carby, and then I will fall asleep. It's really frustrating me right now. I used to be able to do intermittent fasting for days at a time, and still sleep.

I started Keto Nov 20th 2020 and lost 40 pounds...I love this diet and will continue for the rest of my life...sugar is a drug and the devil...

Shout to my new Benzo Friend Sage Hill who this morning in my desperation suggested the Tapping Solution! I was headed for zero  last night and at 4am watched the YouTube Clip on the technique (why not, I been awake a lot..what to lose). I did it for roughly 20 mins til I was tired of it. BOOM! Sleep! One hour! Woke Up, did it again and BOOM! Another hour or so...woke up and did it a third time..BOOM! Sleep again! Had to 2 to 3 hours deep sleep.

It makes sense! You are giving that voice in your head a platform to be heard and hopefully you run out crap to say to yourself which leads to a still mind...plus you are tapping meridian points in the body.

Grateful,

Blue

Do you have a link for the tapping video please?

I have no problem falling asleep, I have a problem staying asleep.

I wake up while it's still dark.

All I ask for is 7 hours.

Once I am awake, falling back to sleep used to bring intrusive thoughts, the night before last, I was awoken at "silly-o'clock" with a cortisol rush, and got them when I tried to go back to sleep.

Not very nice I must say.

I tried the tapping last night with out thinking it would do anything and was able to sleep 50 minutes before waking up again. I also did some breathing exercises. I hope it will work again tonight.

Grateful,

Blue

Once I am awake, falling back to sleep used to bring intrusive thoughts, the night before last, I was awoken at "silly-o'clock" with a cortisol rush, and got them when I tried to go back to sleep.

Hope it works for you...watch the clip included in this

site

www.tappingsolutionfoundation.org/howdoesitwork/?gclid=CjwKCAjwqeWKBhBFEiwABo_XBnGK2FSaKuwzoI68hxIoP85DPU5LzTv-nZiQ2nrwdnTYCqKHdmblEBoC_OMQAvD_BwE

I tried the tapping last night with out thinking it would do anything and was able to sleep 50 minutes before waking up again. I also did some breathing exercises. I hope it will work again tonight.

Great! If you wake up, start tapping right away before you get the intrusive thoughts revving you up again..Good thing is you  can include the intrusive thoughts you are having the Tapping exercise! Watch clip from this site https://www.tappingsolutionfoundation.org/howdoesitwork/?gclid=CjwKCAjwqeWKBhBFEiwABo_XBnGK2FSaKuwzoI68hxIoP85DPU5LzTv-nZiQ2nrwdnTYCqKHdmblEBoC_OMQAvD_BwE

Update: last night followed same procedure....All lights on in the living room until 1030pm...lights off, take valarian drops...do tapping technique for 25 mins or until arm gets tired, repeat if I don't sleep. I was out by midnight...woke up at 330am...tapping technique..boom! Back to sleep and woke at 8am!! First time I woke up at 8am in years! Its getting better every night it appears! Hope it works for others  :)

Grateful,

Blue

https://www.tappingsolutionfoundation.org/howdoesitwork/?gclid=CjwKCAjwqeWKBhBFEiwABo_XBnGK2FSaKuwzoI68hxIoP85DPU5LzTv-nZiQ2nrwdnTYCqKHdmblEBoC_OMQAvD_BwE

Update: last night followed same procedure....All lights on in the living room until 1030pm...lights off, take valarian drops...do tapping technique for 25 mins or until arm gets tired, repeat if I don't sleep. I was out by midnight...woke up at 330am...tapping technique..boom! Back to sleep and woke at 8am!! First time I woke up at 8am in years! Its getting better every night it appears! Hope it works for others  :)

That makes me so happy!  Those are some impressive results!  Now you know how to do it and how powerful it is, you can use it for things besides insomnia too.

That makes me so happy!  Those are some impressive results!  Now you know how to do it and how powerful it is, you can use it for things besides insomnia too.

Indeed! I'm surprised how quickly it turned things around! This is by far the most powerful natural weapon towards insomnia which in my case has its roots in anxiety, intrusive thoughts.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Indeed! I'm surprised how quickly it turned things around! This is by far the most powerful natural weapon towards insomnia which in my case has its roots in anxiety, intrusive thoughts.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes!  Sometimes insomnia is purely physical or chemical, but when it's caused by intrusive thoughts and anxiety, EFT is great for it. 

Yes!  Sometimes insomnia is purely physical or chemical, but when it's caused by intrusive thoughts and anxiety, EFT is great for it.

Hi Sage  :)

Agree! How was your night? Better? Same? Worse?

Update: Did my usual routine last night....overall did not have deep sleep like  the two nights before BUT as I mentioned before we should gauge our sleeping needs on how we feel not on how many hours we had...As another buddy mentioned, he gauged it on how the night's sleep compared to his experience working the night shift were he was forced to stay up. How he felt when he returned home after night shift was zombie like. How I feel this morning after mostly light sleep is "good". No anxiety, no frustration...just acceptance and rested.

Sure , I would love to have DEEP SLEEP for hours but I have not been that kind of sleeper since the year 1993 - long before this whole benzo mess began...

So my growing opinion so far on Tapping? I am improving my insomnia by lowering the long hours of intrusive thoughts, lowering anxiety in the morning which really was the biggest grief. Last night I did not have the fear of another night of who know what's going to happen! 

Overall, Tapping has helped with Acceptance which from what I read here is a major block. I need to not focus so much on will or will not sleep deep and more on everything is/will be ok either way.

Sage, you bring up a good point..the chemical or physical insomnia is a whole different animal... That being said, access to a hot sauna for 10 mins may help expel the cortisol running through our body...sweating it out, exercise as well...hot bath...

It's interesting objectively viewing the root causes and thereby addressing solutions..

Hi Sage  :)

Agree! How was your night? Better? Same? Worse?

Update: Did my usual routine last night....overall did not have deep sleep like  the two nights before BUT as I mentioned before we should gauge our sleeping needs on how we feel not on how many hours we had...As another buddy mentioned, he gauged it on how the night's sleep compared to his experience working the night shift were he was forced to stay up. How he felt when he returned home after night shift was zombie like. How I feel this morning after mostly light sleep is "good". No anxiety, no frustration...just acceptance and rested.

Sure , I would love to have DEEP SLEEP for hours but I have not been that kind of sleeper since the year 1993 - long before this whole benzo mess began...

So my growing opinion so far on Tapping? I am improving my insomnia by lowering the long hours of intrusive thoughts, lowering anxiety in the morning which really was the biggest grief. Last night I did not have the fear of another night of who know what's going to happen! 

Overall, Tapping has helped with Acceptance which from what I read here is a major block. I need to not focus so much on will or will not sleep deep and more on everything is/will be ok either way.

Sage, you bring up a good point..the chemical or physical insomnia is a whole different animal... That being said, access to a hot sauna for 10 mins may help expel the cortisol running through our body...sweating it out, exercise as well...hot bath...

It's interesting objectively viewing the root causes and thereby addressing solutions..

So far two nights of sleep, 6 or 7 hours each.  Feeling better and less anxious.  You're right, it's important to try to discern root causes and address those. 

So far two nights of sleep, 6 or 7 hours each.  Feeling better and less anxious.  You're right, it's important to try to discern root causes and address those.

SWEET!!!!! GREAT NEWS! HAPPY FOR YOU!! WHEW!  :) :) :) :)

Insomnia back  :( Tapping to no avail.....I have a show tomorrow and was working prepping for it all day Saturday exhausted...Had to stop and go hone was so tired....when I home 5 hours ago I thought I would sleep right away but ugh...no sleep...have my bed time stories on....leaving my wife to sleep and not bugging her...

Valerian may be calming my anxiety....this is cortisol...Tapping doesn't work much for this.....I hope others are getting sleep....

Wish I never took valium in my life  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(