Attempting to stabilize on Ativan before switching to Klonopin - Advice Needed

[Mo...]

I have been on Ativan since 8/19 and had been tapering down on it since 9/10 - from 2.5mg to 1.75mg over 4 days, then stayed at 1.75mg for 9 days. I then attempted to crossover to Klonopin last week (9/23) but had a very bad experience on the first day of the first step in the transition. I received advice that some of the symptoms I was experiencing even before attempting the crossover might be withdrawal symptoms (either or both interdose and due to the tapering) and ideally I should first stabilize on Ativan before doing a crossover. So that's what I am working on now, before re-attempting the crossover to Klonopin.

For the past 3 days, I have been dosing on Ativan with this schedule:

0.25mg every 4 hours or so (3x during the day)

1.5mg at bedtime and 0.25mg when I wake up in the night for a total of 2.5mg per 24-hour period.

I have prioritized a larger dose at night (I also have ME/CFS and my thinking is that I need to maximize sleep as not sleeping worsens my ME and really increases the fear/anxiety/tremor/brain symptoms I am having).

The up dose and spacing out the doses has really helped with the nausea and extreme anxiety (though the anxiety is still there) and generally reduced the tremors. Last night I did wake up at 3am vibrating though and I wonder if this is because I'm not dosing at the same interval during the night.

Any feedback or advice on my current dosing schedule and/or what to do about waking up vibrating would be most welcome. Thanks!