Tapering method help

[Be...]

I was gonna try this way to taper off 1.5 mg of Klonopin. Can anyway help me figure out if this is a good way snd how to make a spread sheet on ml and mg. I was gonna start by putting 3 of my .50 mg of Klonopin in 300 ml of water. Try to get use to this way for 2 weeks then put all 3 of the .50mg pills in 300 mls of water pull 1 ml daily and separate into 3 smaller jars to dose 3 times a day. Does this sound like a slow enough taper? I don’t think I can’t figure dry cutting, my doctor won’t switch me to V and I’m horrible at math so idk how to do spread sheets to tell how many mgs I am cutting weekly. Any help would be appreciated thanks 

You can use this form to calculate a spreadsheet for you on liquid tapering: http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationForm.php

Here are instructions on how to use the form: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=254653.5#post_generator

Before settling on a water titration, have you considered other options of liquid titration as well? You could do a water titration, there's also milk and alcohol titration, as well as the option of doing a split between your pills and liquid. One of the reasons there are so many options relates to how easily/fully Klonopin dissolves in various liquids. I suggest you investigate all these options and their pro's and cons in detail to decide which will be best suited for your needs.

I'm not the best source of information on this subject and I'm sure other members who know more will help you out. Good luck with your taper!

One of the reasons there are so many options relates to how easily/fully Klonopin dissolves in various liquids.

Jelly Baby is a stronger taper support than she lets on! She has valuable personal experience tapering clonazepam and has offered a good summary of some of the liquid options that might be more reliable to dose than a water suspension.

Just to clarify her above-quoted statement, clonazepam is very reluctant to dissolve in water or lipids which is why using water creates what is primarily a suspension (floating particles, not dissolved). Floating particles require special handling to dose reliably, and with water being a poor suspension vehicle this approach may have a margin of error that is too destabilizing for some sensitive individuals.

There are other methods to suspend clonazepam; pharmacy compounding is one option, and at-home suspensions can be made with a variety of ingredients or proprietary vehicles that have improved stability over water.

Jelly Baby's link to Jim Hawk's DMT schedule generator has been invaluable to me. There are a number of tricks and tools for math-challenged individuals to get the numbers we need to make and adjust our tapering plan. One big advantage to using a math trick or tool is that they can support us in doing a percent-based reduction rate, which in my experience is more symptomatically consistent and potentially easier to tolerate than a linear reduction rate like the 1ml/day reduction from 300ml of a 0.005mg/ml water suspension that you describe.

A 0.005mg/day reduction may be tolerable at first, but linear reductions like this increase in their percent-rate with each reduction. This commonly leads to increasing symptoms. It's not impossible to taper linearly, and in-fact it may be necessary or preferable to taper linearly when at much lower doses, but it's harder if not impossible in my experience to fine-tune a linear reduction to minimize symptoms. Percent reductions on the other hand have felt much the same for me from 2mg/day of K all the way to 0.8mg/day of K; this makes my life easier despite the little math puzzle I use the DMT taper schedule linked by JB to solve.

Here's a pamphlet you might appreciate reading. The taper slope shown in the graphic is produced by a percent-based reduction schedule.

https://benzoreform.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Pamphlet-3-BZRA-Discontinuation-1-Getting-Started-v1.2.pdf

Let us know how we can help.  :thumbsup: