Rem rebound

[Sh...]

Omg the nightmares rip me out of the tiny bit of sleep I get. Constant rem rebound this week. Then can’t get back to sleep because of the adrenaline pumping thru my body. Last night I struggled for hours fell straight into rem and woke because I felt like something was on me. God I feel exhausted

I rarely have nightmares but I have had a few that woke me up and it's so sad because I am only getting a couple/few hours of sleep as it is. Sorry to hear you're dealing with this.

HM

Omg the nightmares rip me out of the tiny bit of sleep I get. Constant rem rebound this week. Then can’t get back to sleep because of the adrenaline pumping thru my body. Last night I struggled for hours fell straight into rem and woke because I felt like something was on me. God I feel exhausted

Hey Shayna.  When this happens, especially when you feel like something is on you, say out loud, with authority, ‘do not bother me while i sleep.’  You can even push that feeling away physically with your hands  I know this sounds a bit off but it will work.

Thanks guys x well last night I took my combo but it hardly worked. May as well not have bothered. After struggling thru yesterday on a tiny amount of sleep I thought I’d have no trouble  last night.

I only take melatonin on stack nights not every night. Nursing a big hangover today from unisom. I’m so over all this. Now my stack isn’t working so I don’t even have that to fall back on.

So tired of fighting

I'm trying Bach flower remedies at moment. Like you had enough of fighting this. Do lit different ones might be worth a try if have one for insomnia can order them on line.

Feel like I'm in acute again, whether it's Bach stuff don't know. Get couple days not too bad then back to hell. So maybe don't try it, whether it's the alcohol in it I don't know, giving up at the moment. Hope your stack will start working again. Try the camomile capsules they are better than tea.

Hey Shayna,

I hope you're getting some sleep and getting to have pleasant dreams along with it. My sleep has really sucked lately too, although i can't say I have had the nightmares. I slept an hour (two, at most, broken) last night and I dreamed I was singing karaoke.

Hey hm x I slept 3.5 hrs 2 nights ago after next to no sleep after taking combo, felt so awful all day but took my son and his friend out for a big day at a fun park. Was totally exhausted that night and I slept deep for 3.5 hrs then probably dozed after that. Last night was very strange. I have these little nod offs while I’m reading but they aren’t like normal nod offs that I used to get before this mess started. They’re just like I close my eyes and my mind just goes black for a couple of seconds then I come to. That’s when I go to bed coz that’s as close to sleepy as I get. Last night I felt like I was awake a lot but I also woke myself up snoring when I thought I was awake. It’s very strange. So it’s like I’m sleeping but my subconscious feels awake. It’s so strange.

I don’t place much stock in my Fitbit but on the nights I know for sure I’ve slept I look to see what it says and it says the same amount as I perceived as deep and rem. Most of the night I’m in light sleep (no suprise there this can also be measured when I’m wide awake just lying still) but I’m going to believe the deep and rem coz I know I’ve slept that amount of hrs. Even if it’s not totally true it’s better than fretting about what I got or didn’t get.

When I had a sleep study done they said I slept 5 hrs even tho I swear I didn’t sleep at all. I still don’t believe the study completely but I think we are maybe so focused on if we’re asleep or awake that maybe sometimes it leaks into our sleep so we’re still checking even when we’re asleep? If that makes sense?

Anyway either way, I have a busy day ahead and I’m not going to stress about what happened last night. It’s a new day, and I get another shot at a better night tonight.

Hey hm x I slept 3.5 hrs 2 nights ago after next to no sleep after taking combo, felt so awful all day but took my son and his friend out for a big day at a fun park. Was totally exhausted that night and I slept deep for 3.5 hrs then probably dozed after that. Last night was very strange. I have these little nod offs while I’m reading but they aren’t like normal nod offs that I used to get before this mess started. They’re just like I close my eyes and my mind just goes black for a couple of seconds then I come to. That’s when I go to bed coz that’s as close to sleepy as I get. Last night I felt like I was awake a lot but I also woke myself up snoring when I thought I was awake. It’s very strange. So it’s like I’m sleeping but my subconscious feels awake. It’s so strange.

I don’t place much stock in my Fitbit but on the nights I know for sure I’ve slept I look to see what it says and it says the same amount as I perceived as deep and rem. Most of the night I’m in light sleep (no suprise there this can also be measured when I’m wide awake just lying still) but I’m going to believe the deep and rem coz I know I’ve slept that amount of hrs. Even if it’s not totally true it’s better than fretting about what I got or didn’t get.

When I had a sleep study done they said I slept 5 hrs even tho I swear I didn’t sleep at all. I still don’t believe the study completely but I think we are maybe so focused on if we’re asleep or awake that maybe sometimes it leaks into our sleep so we’re still checking even when we’re asleep? If that makes sense?

Anyway either way, I have a busy day ahead and I’m not going to stress about what happened last night. It’s a new day, and I get another shot at a better night tonight.

I know how much I have slept based on looking at the clock (I know you're not supposed to...) and waking up and realizing I just dreamed. I could be off by a little but probably not a lot. I slept 3 to 3.5 hours last night. I'm hoping for more tonight. I'm always hoping. Glad you had a fun day with your son and his friend at the park. I rarely sleep 3 hours straight, It's usually broken sleep but, once in a while, I will get a nice 'stretch' where I sleep 2 or 3 hours straight.

I am 6 weeks (I hope) from being off Xanax. Anxiety and insomnia are my only syptoms currently, but that's enough to keep me occupied. My Dr. prescribed Vistaril for anxiety (antihistamine-hydroxyzine) and it actually helps! unfortunately, I can't take it because it makes me very tired. I wish it made me go to sleep but it just makes me very tired and wide awake. A bad combo.

I had a 3 week stretch where I actually averaged 4+ hours a night. I only had 2 or 3 nights with less than 4 hours of sleep. Then, a week ago, I am back to 1 and 2 hour nights. sigh..

Anyway, I hope you have many more 'deep sleep' nights and 3+ hour stretches ahead of you :)

HM

I can tell you when I started getting sleep (3hr) I started dreaming sort of nightmares? They would usually be about me not sleeping. I'd be lying in bed, wondering why I can't sleep, so I'd get up and do something..............and then I'd wake up. I'd realize it was a dream because the beds and places I was at were not my real bed. But it wasn't happening regularly until I went off all the drugs and sedative supplements. That was roughly when I was getting 5hr, and wow, for 2 months straight, the "why can't I sleep" dream quadrupled. It's the only thing I'd dream. They're mostly gone away now.

great attitude Shayna, keep up the great work, we’ll get through this shit, one day at a time

Mate I swear, there’s gunna be a party when u and I are sleeping. Inter continental  :thumbsup:

We’re gunna get there. Xx

I know how much I have slept based on looking at the clock (I know you're not supposed to...) and waking up and realizing I just dreamed. I could be off by a little but probably not a lot. I slept 3 to 3.5 hours last night. I'm hoping for more tonight. I'm always hoping. Glad you had a fun day with your son and his friend at the park. I rarely sleep 3 hours straight, It's usually broken sleep but, once in a while, I will get a nice 'stretch' where I sleep 2 or 3 hours straight.

I am 6 weeks (I hope) from being off Xanax. Anxiety and insomnia are my only syptoms currently, but that's enough to keep me occupied. My Dr. prescribed Vistaril for anxiety (antihistamine-hydroxyzine) and it actually helps! unfortunately, I can't take it because it makes me very tired. I wish it made me go to sleep but it just makes me very tired and wide awake. A bad combo.

I had a 3 week stretch where I actually averaged 4+ hours a night. I only had 2 or 3 nights with less than 4 hours of sleep. Then, a week ago, I am back to 1 and 2 hour nights. sigh..

Anyway, I hope you have many more 'deep sleep' nights and 3+ hour stretches ahead of you :)

HM

I’ve got a proposal for u hm. Why don’t we stop measuring how much we sleep for a week? Let’s not look at clocks at all for one week, and just guess how much we sleep by how we feel? I think it’s time to break that habit. What do u say? What’s the worst that could happen?

I can tell you when I started getting sleep (3hr) I started dreaming sort of nightmares? They would usually be about me not sleeping. I'd be lying in bed, wondering why I can't sleep, so I'd get up and do something..............and then I'd wake up. I'd realize it was a dream because the beds and places I was at were not my real bed. But it wasn't happening regularly until I went off all the drugs and sedative supplements. That was roughly when I was getting 5hr, and wow, for 2 months straight, the "why can't I sleep" dream quadrupled. It's the only thing I'd dream. They're mostly gone away now.

That’s exactly what’s happening to me andros. I wonder if I’m awake or just dreaming I am. Coz twice this week I’ve thought I was awake but woke myself up snoring or thought something was on me. I think I’ve been living with this so long it’s got to have effected me on a subconscious level.

I’ve got a proposal for u hm. Why don’t we stop measuring how much we sleep for a week? Let’s not look at clocks at all for one week, and just guess how much we sleep by how we feel? I think it’s time to break that habit. What do u say? What’s the worst that could happen?

Shayna, I don't want to be a liar! I don't know if I can do it. It's somewhat reassuring to me when I look at the clock and realize I still have hours to go before I have to get up BUT, as morning approaches, I start feeling anxiety. Last night, I didn't look at the clock much because I was sleeping. I actually slept last night but awoke with extreme anxiety. I will try to not look at the clock or worry about how much I have slept but it will be hard for me.

HM

Shayna, I don't want to be a liar! I don't know if I can do it. It's somewhat reassuring to me when I look at the clock and realize I still have hours to go before I have to get up BUT, as morning approaches, I start feeling anxiety. Last night, I didn't look at the clock much because I was sleeping. I actually slept last night but awoke with extreme anxiety. I will try to not look at the clock or worry about how much I have slept but it will be hard for me.

HM

To me, removing the clock out of my bedroom did nothing. If anything, putting the clock back actually helped. Because I'd wonder if I had slept anything with no way to measure, but with the clock in place, I'd go to bed, maybe take 3hr without sleeping........................and all of a sudden wake up and realized I'd slept 3hr that night (it was 6am instead of 3am, the last # I remember seeing)

To me, removing the clock out of my bedroom did nothing. If anything, putting the clock back actually helped. Because I'd wonder if I had slept anything with no way to measure, but with the clock in place, I'd go to bed, maybe take 3hr without sleeping........................and all of a sudden wake up and realized I'd slept 3hr that night (it was 6am instead of 3am, the last # I remember seeing)

Yeah, that's me too. I'm addicted to the clock. Even though you are not supposed to look at it, I have done the same as you. I wake up at 7:42 and realize the last time I looked at the clock was 5:15 and it makes me feel better.

It's a hard habit to break.

Yeah, that's me too. I'm addicted to the clock. Even though you are not supposed to look at it, I have done the same as you. I wake up at 7:42 and realize the last time I looked at the clock was 5:15 and it makes me feel better.

It's a hard habit to break.

For me I was able to tell when I was completely awake vs when I'd actually slept something.

In acute, I'd go days where I was completely aware the entire night. 3-4 days in a row, then I'd get a 3hr burst, only to repeat. The 2nd month it got a bit easier, where I was getting 3hr every night (mind you by this time I was already cycling Trazadone and Mirt. If these hadn't worked for me, I would have gotten nothing.). But this was literally staying in bed 11-12hr at a time. most days it would take me 6hr to fall asleep, even under Trazadone, but I'd fall asleep eventually for 2-3h.

I would try turning off the clock, and I would still be awake until the morning hours, to finally get 3hr sleep. I would wake up and check the time in the other room, and yup, 3hr sleep. After a week of no clock, I turned it back on. Did not make a difference positive or negative to me.

Did not make a difference positive or negative to me.

I agree. I am the same. I go to bed at (approx) 9pm and get up at (approx) 9am because I want to give myself maximum opportunity to sleep. Last night, I went to bed at 9:45 (late) and tossed and turned until 1;00 then I slept a few hours, woke up for an hour and a half, went back to sleep and woke up at 8am and then laid in bed until 9:30.

I got about 6-ish hours of sleep. I spend a lot of time in bed, but if I didn't, I wouldn't sleep at all.

I sleep hard for the most part now. But dreams get intense around 5 am..they used to be nightmares all night(sheesh). I can usually go back to sleep now after it.

Sometimes I have to talk to myself, " No this is not real. you are fine. Deep breaths...u can go back to sleep now". It bc a discipline of doing this.

any setback I have (med/suppplement related..) the nightmares come back. But then it goes again.

I HATE this symptom!!

Be careful what you  read/watch before bed. I find this makes a huge difference.

Thanks Trina xx yeah I watched a space movie last night, well it was more like lord of the flies on a space ship actually. I felt my engine revving hard after feeling really relaxed and sleepy all day.  :-\

Definitely no scary stuff before bed