Sleeping in two phases.

[nk...]

I did a very quick taper from 2mg clonazepam to 0.5mg over 2-3 weeks. It was fine till 1mg...as soon as I dropped down to 0.5mg..started experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

I sleep from 3-4 am to 7 am...light, dreamless, benzo-like sleep...then from 9 am to 2 pm, very strange, bizarre, vivid nightmarish sleep...I don't feel like I slept at all...but, then I remember the dreams...and, I guess, I was sleeping...

Its only gonna get worse from here, when I drop from 0.5 to benzo-free...should I stay on 0.5 or just quit now? I think, staying on benzo any longer will only prolong the misery...I should let the body heal..

I can't tell you what to do with your taper. Do what you think is best. But I know what you mean about feeling like you haven't slept at all except you remember dreaming. I'm not getting anywhere near as much sleep as you are but I know that feeling. I think sometimes I drift off into dreamless sleep and don't realize it.

HM

• 3 weeks later...

I did a very quick taper from 2mg clonazepam to 0.5mg over 2-3 weeks. It was fine till 1mg...as soon as I dropped down to 0.5mg..started experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

I sleep from 3-4 am to 7 am...light, dreamless, benzo-like sleep...then from 9 am to 2 pm, very strange, bizarre, vivid nightmarish sleep...I don't feel like I slept at all...but, then I remember the dreams...and, I guess, I was sleeping...

Its only gonna get worse from here, when I drop from 0.5 to benzo-free...should I stay on 0.5 or just quit now? I think, staying on benzo any longer will only prolong the misery...I should let the body heal..

You need to taper much more slowly than this.

I came on here as "Two phase sleep" which I am familiar with.

The second phase, you describe well, and I am sorry you are having this.

I had to do away with the second phase, it got too bad, and just get up when I wake up, even if that means laying in bed eating breakfast.

It doesn't make sense, because I wake after phase 1 and I was still tired, dunno what that's all about.

Lately I am not feeling tired after phase 1.