Got back from cardiologist

[Be...]

Everything looks normal except for “mild concentric hypotrophy”.

I was hoping for an all clear, but I guess I should’ve expected this due to my weight, and anxiety issues.

I hope I can reverse it.

Sounds like a good report.  So much of what we feel is solely due to the benzo use, it's crazy (in a bad way).

Yeah, it wasn’t a bad report. But it wasn’t an “all clear” either. My heart has taken some damage due to years of being overweight, high BP and anxiety. I’ll need to work at trying to reverse the damage I’ve done. Hopefully it’s not too late to reverse it.

But it was nice to hear the tech say it wasn’t an emergency.

Sounds like a good report.  So much of what we feel is solely due to the benzo use, it's crazy (in a bad way).

Yeah, it wasn’t a bad report. But it wasn’t an “all clear” either. My heart has taken some damage due to years of being overweight, high BP and anxiety. I’ll need to work at trying to reverse the damage I’ve done. Hopefully it’s not too late to reverse it.

If you really work on getting your BP down and doing heart healthy things, you'll be fine.  My hubby had 5 bypass open heart surgery and has significant damage to the heart muscle, but he's getting by alright.  He takes a lot of heart-healthy supplements and keeps his BP down.  He works full time and is pretty active. 

So don't let it bug you!  I know in WD, any little piece of not-so-good health news can become rumination fodder and start causing worsening anxiety.  All you can do is your best.

If you really work on getting your BP down and doing heart healthy things, you'll be fine.  My hubby had 5 bypass open heart surgery and has significant damage to the heart muscle, but he's getting by alright.  He takes a lot of heart-healthy supplements and keeps his BP down.  He works full time and is pretty active. 

So don't let it bug you!  I know in WD, any little piece of not-so-good health news can become rumination fodder and start causing worsening anxiety.  All you can do is your best.

Oh, wow! Glad he’s doing well. I’m definitely gonna work on getting healthier.

Back from Cardiologist too. EKG was a abnormal, get test coming up. I had a 5-bypass 2013. I'm not too concerned about it. I am concerned about dealing with the continued Benzo nightmare above all else. It's a really tough deal as we all know.

Back from Cardiologist too. EKG was a abnormal, get test coming up. I had a 5-bypass 2013. I'm not too concerned about it. I am concerned about dealing with the continued Benzo nightmare above all else. It's a really tough deal as we all know.

What’s your secret for not worrying about it? mine sounds way less a big deal than yours.

• 1 month later...

Are you still overweight? If yes, how are you trying to lose it? I have had much success with eating a whole foods plant based diet (I am not 100% vegan tho) + using intermittent fasting.

Are you still overweight? If yes, how are you trying to lose it? I have had much success with eating a whole foods plant based diet (I am not 100% vegan tho) + using intermittent fasting.

Yes, I’m still overweight. However, I’ve lost about 24 lbs, and probably only need to lose 15 more lbs. diet is improving. Still very much a work in progress.

Ok, best of luck. Losing weight and keeping it off is hard with so much plentiful cheap unhealthy foods available to us. Sugar and dairy are my Achilles heel. I try to eat as little of these things as possible, but they are hard to resist at times, I will admit.