Coming here from another scary forum

[Sc...]

I am coming after reading posts from surviving antidepressants. Com.

There are horrible stories about paxil which are far scary than the benzos.

I'm taking paxil which I had scheduled to taper after the benzo, but it seems like I will have to deal with another benzo withdrawal where the withdrawal symptoms will last much longer.

I am mentally broken and just want somehow to end all these.

I'm taking paxil which I had scheduled to taper after the benzo, but it seems like I will have to deal with another benzo withdrawal where the withdrawal symptoms will last much longer.

Maybe it's better not to read that stuff.  It will only make what you're going through right now that much harder.  And you are not those people.  You are you.  You may have an easier time getting off than you think.  I think you already have an advantage, as you understand the benefits of homeopathy and flower remedies. 

Maybe it's better not to read that stuff.  It will only make what you're going through right now that much harder.  And you are not those people.  You are you.  You may have an easier time getting off than you think.  I think you already have an advantage, as you understand the benefits of homeopathy and flower remedies.

I am 31 and have my marriage in few months.

I have lost job, in poverty, all day in bed.

Father is having cancer.

He was looking forward to me to help him with his treatment and here I am having a mental cancer.

Lost all friends, no support.

Scared to go outside.

I am just carrying myself each day, with a thought that it will end soon. But when I have 3 medications to deal it crushes me from inside out.

I am 31 and have my marriage in few months.

I have lost job, in poverty, all day in bed.

Father is having cancer.

He was looking forward to me to help him with his treatment and here I am having a mental cancer.

Lost all friends, no support.

Scared to go outside.

I am just carrying myself each day, with a thought that it will end soon. But when I have 3 medications to deal it crushes me from inside out.

Oh my goodness!  That is too much for one person to carry!  I'm so very sorry about your father, your livelihood, your friends...that's just awful!  Makes me feel violent towards the ignoramus who is responsible for getting you hooked on these awful pills! 

You're right, all you can do is take it one day at a time, and just do the very best you can. 

A few years ago I was prescribed an anti-depressant for the same condition as my benzo was eventually prescribed for. It didn't work. After a year I tapered off. I read horror stories about how bad it was going to be and I was very scared. Turned out I was scared for nothing - it was a walk in the park. It was really easy getting off it.  Nothing compared to benzo's.

I'm not saying you won't struggle, but I'm just saying you can't believe everything you read. It doesn't help to worry about it now. Just focus on getting off your benzo. Stressing about other meds is only making your life worse right now and you don't need it, maybe your AD withdrawal will not be so bad.

I'm sorry about your father and all the struggles you're facing. You're going to be so strong once you're done with this horrible drug. Just hang in there!

Yeah, not to disrespect those people at all-I know that ad withdrawal can be atrocious for some people, especially when you've been on them a long time. But irs much rarer that a tremendously difficult withdrawal or taper occurs with ad's than with benzos, and the withdrawal from them also typically seems to follow a more linear path.

Personally, with sertraline and citalopram, ive never had any problems coming off them as long as I did it responsibly. So from 30mg citalopram I did like a 3 months taper and I was fine, had maybe a few anxious days

Thank you all.

It seems from some of your experiences that AD won't be tough on me. I have stopped reading other forums now.

Thanks immensely to instill some hope.

Scared,

I have been through both and I will tell you that for me, benzo w/d was 10X worse with crazier symptoms.  Yes, AD withdrawal (too fast taper) was bad in many ways but I think with extremely slow tapering, it can be ok. You also don't go into tolerance like you do with benzos.  I don't want to minimize their experiences, however.  Everyone is different.  I still have Zoloft to taper after this but I'll be taking a good long break between the two - with Zoloft, there is absolutely no hurry for me (unlike with benzo).  Hang in there and don't be discouraged!!

Scared,

I have been through both and I will tell you that for me, benzo w/d was 10X worse with crazier symptoms.  Yes, AD withdrawal (too fast taper) was bad in many ways but I think with extremely slow tapering, it can be ok. You also don't go into tolerance like you do with benzos.  I don't want to minimize their experiences, however.  Everyone is different.  I still have Zoloft to taper after this but I'll be taking a good long break between the two - with Zoloft, there is absolutely no hurry for me (unlike with benzo).  Hang in there and don't be discouraged!!

I think you're almost done with the benzos..

Can I ask when u were in acute were you still able to work for a living?

Thru the last 30 years i have tapered off multiple AD only Cymbalta was a bit rough . I have to say Klonopin made that a walk in a park. I think Benzo's are much harder and once you get thru this and WE will it will help having this experience to deal with other withdrawal

Thru the last 30 years i have tapered off multiple AD only Cymbalta was a bit rough . I have to say Klonopin made that a walk in a park. I think Benzo's are much harder and once you get thru this and WE will it will help having this experience to deal with other withdrawal

Thanks a lot for this info, it reduced my stress a lot! I'm immensely grateful pal.

Scared,

I was not able to work.  Had to quit my job and apply for disability through my work (not SSI) and thankfully, did get it but it took many months.  I've seen many others work the whole way through, however.  Even though I'm no longer in acute, I could not work now. 

I was on Paxil 30 years ago for about 2 to 2.5 years. Nobody told me I had to taper off so I just quit taking it and I had unbelievable rebound depression and anxiety! I was borderline psychotic! I can't speak to what tapering is like because I didn't do it but I would if I had to do it all over again.

My taper from Xanax has been SO hard! UNREAL! I still hope and pray that, when I am done with it completely, my healing is more linear and predictable. My palpitations, hot flashes, air hunger, restless leg syndrome and inability to relax have all gotten better over the months as I have tapered but I still battle the insomnia and some anxiety.

Scared,

I am so sorry about your predicament! We're here for you! You will get through this! Hang in there. You are in my prayers.

HM

I was on Paxil 30 years ago for about 2 to 2.5 years. Nobody told me I had to taper off so I just quit taking it and I had unbelievable rebound depression and anxiety! I was borderline psychotic! I can't speak to what tapering is like because I didn't do it but I would if I had to do it all over again.

My taper from Xanax has been SO hard! UNREAL! I still hope and pray that, when I am done with it completely, my healing is more linear and predictable. My palpitations, hot flashes, air hunger, restless leg syndrome and inability to relax have all gotten better over the months as I have tapered but I still battle the insomnia and some anxiety.

Scared,

I am so sorry about your predicament! We're here for you! You will get through this! Hang in there. You are in my prayers.

HM

Do you remember how long it took to come back to normal?