Almost 3 Months Off a CT of RC Benzos, Strugling severe cognitive effects

[0e...]

Hey everyone, I joined benzo buddies to gain reassurance and hope throughout my withdrawl. I was on strong street Xanax for about 2 months consecutively. I would normally take around 2/3 a night of a green street hulk. I quit cold turkey because I ran out of supply and had no other options. The first two weeks I did not experience any withdrawl and then boom, out of no where I was sent into hell. The only terrible symptom I have had this whole time has been a severe decline in cognitive abilities. I have 0 physical symptoms, but am suffering greatly when it comes to thinking, all communication, and depression due to the fact that I can’t think. This worries me greatly because I am 21 years old finishing my last year of college, and I have no idea how I am going to pass my classes or even maintain my relationships with friends because I have become a whole different person. I always valued my wits and personality greatly and ever since withdrawl started, I am missing both. I am just wondering how long it took for others who have healed to start seeing cognitive improvement, because right now, this seems permanent.

Hello Lookingtobebetter, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Cold turkey is rough but at two weeks out it looks like you're not in danger of seizing and I'm glad to hear you're not inundated with physical symptoms, although I know the mental ones are awful. 

This condition isn't permanent, there will be improvement as time goes on but its impossible to predict how long it will take.  Two months is long enough for your body to have become dependent but we typically see short time users improve in a shorter time frame.  I don't have any knowledge of RC benzo's so not sure if this has any bearing on your recovery and not many of our members take this medication but you could start a thread on the Post-withdrawal Recovery Support board asking for input.

I quit cold turkey too and returned to who I was when I recovered so please don't fear this is permanent, it just takes a long time.

We're glad you found us and I hope we can reassure you.

Pamster