Bad day--good day

[En...]

Hello all.  I started a K taper exactly 3 months to the day after I started taking it.  Physically, it hasn't been too bad (yet :-\) with an occasional headache and shaky hands.  Mentally...it's been strange.  I'll have a day like yesterday where I am depressed, have zero interest in anything and spend a good part of the day sleeping.  Then the next day, like today, I feel pretty much like my "old self".  Is this day by day thing at all common with these tapers or do the good and bad stretches tend to last longer periods of time?

It sounds like you're dealing with the typical waxing and waning of symptoms, its frustrating because we never know how we're going to feel from one moment to the next.  You don't have to be tapering to feel this way, I quit cold turkey and my symptoms would increase or lesson, some would disappear and I'd be so happy but then they'd return or morph into a totally different symptom.

Our healing isn't linear, not sure there is any other disease or illness that takes this route.

Thank you so much Pamster.  Yes, I have had things change within the same day.  One thing I have learned as well is that waking up feeling poorly does not necessarily mean a bad day.  It was a very distressing initial symptom but once I got up and moving around things often got quite a bit better.  Thanks again.

I've hit a bump in my taper where I have good days/bad days both physically and mentally.  It can literally change within hours and I can have good hours/bad hours.

A couple of weeks ago it was more spaced out with a couple of good days and one or two bad days. I think it would be good for you to keep track of these as I think it differs for each individual. I think I should've paid attention to the shift in my pattern and started holding earlier, as I have struggled to stabilize.

What I'm trying to say is there is no right or wrong there is only a "baseline for you" and pay attention to what your pattern is when you are generally functional. If that pattern seems to change it might be an indication that your body is not happy.

I've hit a bump in my taper where I have good days/bad days both physically and mentally.  It can literally change within hours and I can have good hours/bad hours.

A couple of weeks ago it was more spaced out with a couple of good days and one or two bad days. I think it would be good for you to keep track of these as I think it differs for each individual. I think I should've paid attention to the shift in my pattern and started holding earlier, as I have struggled to stabilize.

What I'm trying to say is there is no right or wrong there is only a "baseline for you" and pay attention to what your pattern is when you are generally functional. If that pattern seems to change it might be an indication that your body is not happy.

Wow, not only is it a good idea to keep track of your symptoms but to also look for patterns to be able to in essence forecast when you might be headed in the wrong direction.  This is a fantastic observation!

• 1 month later...