A week of relief, back in the fog n confusion

[Hi...]

This is so disappointing and discouraging.  Was feeling good for a week.  Good memory, no head fog. 

Over the last 2 days I am back in the mix of it.  Makes me feel like an idiot while working since I get confused and have memory issues.  Makes me want to just give up bit I know this will pass and I persevere for when I am done with this crap.

I guess I just figured after 22 months of this he'll I would be in a better place.

Hingie

Sorry it didn't last mate, you must have thought you were finally free of it. It's so cruel, but on a positive note you are making progress. I'm sure you'll get there soon

Thanks.  Sorry for being a downer.  It is just so disappointing. 

About thinking I was done with it, I came out of the wave fully expecting to get hit again.  Guess that is the bummer though, feeling 100% again just doesn't seem to be reachable.

Hingie

Most of us are on a downer stuck in this, so I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure you'll get there soon. Gotta just keep plugging away. I'm a few months behind you and had enough

Thanks Having a mare.

Appreciate the lift and kind words.  I don't reach out often with complaints but sometimes you just need to hear from others on the same journey.  People going through this are the only ones who can truly understand.

Thank you

Hingie

Hello there,

I wonder if this "nightmare" will ever really end.  I am 9 months off a one year taper of 1mg Xan crossover to 15mg Val.  My last .5mg of Val was on December 12, 2020.  All through my taper it was pretty good as I tried to enjoy my life the best as I could (lots of windows).  Throughout my taper though I had some residual symptoms nothing really bad to complaing about.  Last month around August 3 I got hit with a horrible wave (flu like symptoms, agitation, PTSD sort of thoughts, guilt, paranoia, intrusive negative thoughts, fear, with some minimal physical symptoms like twitching, memory issues, faster than normal heart rate which fluctuates from morning/day to evening).  These symptoms have been off and on.  3 days with most of those symptoms (not 24/7) and then 4 days good (not full window), but good enough to enjoy.  This has been the pattern now since August.  I'm so disheartened and saddened by this stupid pill but I try really hard to push those thoughts away.  Of course, if I am down that's not something I can control.  I just let it ride even though I HATE THIS.  I just wanted to share that I am experiencing very much the same things.  All I can say, is that we are off those poisons so WE MUST BE HEALING.  At least, I am praying but I think we are.  I'm here if you want to chat.

Warm regards,

Mar