Taking Pepcid AC with alprazolam interactions or issues - weaning off Omeprazole

[to...]

I have been taking omeprazole 20mg a day for over 4 years for gastritis (which I do not think I still have) and it has been interacting with alprazolam.  I had no stomach pain for months and now (several months) I have stomach pain every morning and it eases up about 3 hours after I take the  omeprazole  I was taking the omeprazole and alprazolam together when I would first get up in the mornings and noticed that I felt out of it so I started taking my xanax dose first and then 45-60 minutes later taking the omeprazole. 

I talked to my pharmacist and to my doctor who verified that the drugs do interact and that the omeprazole (Omeprazole may increase the blood levels and effects of Alprazolam) can make the alprazolam not leave the body as fast as it should and cause toxicity.

The Omeprazole has to be tapered off of too or there is a risk of getting rebound acid in the stomach which is very painful.  My doctor wants me to take pepcid ac instead of the Omeprazole.  I am supposed to take a lower dose of the Omeprazole and then take the pepcid in the afternoon and wean off the Omeprazole and then wean off the pepcid.

Has anyone had issues with taking pepcid with their alprazolam?  I need to know if there is any kind of interaction with the pepcid and I can not find any useful information online.

Thanks