A little update/Wish me luck. Next part of my healing adventure....

[Ki...]

Well, after two weeks of fighting through refeeding syndrome the chapter of insane food issues has ended. Pushing through that alone was one of the scariest things Ive had to do as the hospital didn't wan't to admit me as I wasn't at risk for serious complications. They were right in this scenario. However they gave me a list of what to eat and how much and I made it! As per my most recent bloodwork my electrolyte levels are now balanced. 😁 I'm happy with that. I still have symptoms of "reactive hypoglycemia" and blood sugar issues despite them being normal but I know this may be caused by adrenal fatigue which I'll address in a sec.

Now my diet is plentiful and I meet a lot of my needs. I eat:

- Eggs, avocado, chicken, pork, oatmeal, chia seeds, and lots of leafy greens and vegetables.

To anyone who comes across this in the future that gets severe and dramatic reactions to food, especially carbs, and you've been starving yourself or have just come off the drugs please go see a doctor and ask about refeeding syndrome.

Some members' symptoms of nystagmus or ataxia that never go away could just be beriberi that developed in acute from not having enough b1 to handle the foods you eat. Simple B1 supplementation would fix this. Literally one day of 35mg of B1 apparently. But if you let it linger it can be permanent. Benzos deplete you of B vitamins and so does starvation. Refeeding syndrome is NO fucking joke and I'm lucky I got it at 180lbs so I had nutrients in cells to spare. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE ANOREXIC TO HAVE THIS. You can get it quickly from just a 4 day fast. Its insanity. And how many of us get tons of vomiting in acute? Anyway...

Next up is my B12 deficiency. While I know that a blood serum level of 247 is "normal" by North American standards anything below 500 can cause psychiatric symptoms. And since my MCV is normal but on the verge of going into high I'm at risk of developing anemia. I can already feel the tingling in my arms and legs. So I have to correct this and fast. And if B12 is bad so are the rest of the Bs. 😔 I'm scared. I'm terrified. Lol. I've had bad reactions to B12 ever since I caused a setback getting too aggressive with candida. Prior to that they were healing me more and more every day.

Day 1 is always I take the B complex followed by B12 at breakfast -> Sedated. Then another dose of B complex at lunch -> Feel normal.

Day 2 is when the fun starts. I become so energetic I can't chill the eff out. Like overstimulated to the max. But it always calms down when cortisol resets at midnight. I have not made it past this day. But oddly enough I feel a bump up in overall healing % for about a week after. I am worried about potassium depletion but thankfully my diet now has enough of it.

But this is necesaary for my health. B vitamins support a healthy HPA axis and won't set me back, but they're gonna make me uncomfortable AF. But I have to do this before anemia develops as that can have permanent and long-lasting effects.

Also I suspect a lot of my symptoms that have developed post-benzo is a result of B vitamin definciency which has escalated over the years by undiagnosed candida and then benzo usage.

My symptoms change daily, but I mostly have:

- Mood stuff (Including that LOVELY chemical anxiety/fear)

- Sluggish Liver

- Head pressure

-Tingling in extremeties

-Sensitivity to Light/Stimulation/Stress/Temperature

-Sinus issues

-Adrenaline (Note: Morning adrenaline now resolves upon eating and drinking an 8oz glass of water with a 1/4 tsp of sea salt)

- Idiopathic Reactive Hypoglycemia

- Muscle spasms/tightness

Wish me luck, guys. The paradox phenomenon awaits. But I hope I'll be better for it in the end. I'm not a religious person, but if any of y'all are and wanna say a prayer for me I'd greatly appreciate it. And if you're not I take well wishes too. 😋

Only way out is through. 😔 But if it works I'll be sure to come back and post. Ugh...of all the things I gotta get stuck with the shit you gotta make yourself feel worse to feel better.

It sound like you have a good handle on your symptoms, I wish you luck continued success.  I think I've experienced that morning energy before the way you describe.  For me it was occurring more after eating so I ate gradually.  That feeling gradually went away as the day continued.  It might be something different than what you have though, not sure. 

It sound like you have a good handle on your symptoms, I wish you luck continued success.  I think I've experienced that morning energy before the way you describe.  For me it was occurring more after eating so I ate gradually.  That feeling gradually went away as the day continued.  It might be something different than what you have though, not sure.

Thank you! I appreciate it!

No, that's exactly what I have. Haha. I wake up with adrenaline (But now I drink the salt water which takes it away! (Ha! Take that aldosterone. Seriously, I no longer have to pace in the morning after finding out about this trick). Then I eat breakfast and get kinda revved up, but then it gets calmer as I continue to eat more and more. I don't have a great understanding of it, but Dr. Lam suggests it has something to do with insulin levels and resistance/sensitivity. Balancing my electrolytes via food has been a godsend, though.

Just as a sidenote if anyone feels like their electrolytes are in disarray and may be causing issues this is my exact diet:

Note: I eat small meals every three hours

Upon waking up: 1/4 tsp of salt in 8oz of water

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 avocado

2nd breakfast: 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of oatmeal and 1 tbsp of chia seeds

Lunch: 1 Chicken quarter (Thigh/Drumstick), 1 avocado, handful of spinach

3rd breakfast: 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of oatmeal and 1 tbsp of chia seeds

Second saltening: 1/4 tsp of salt in 8oz of water

Dinner: 6oz of pork, 2 cups of vegetables, and 1 roasted potato with a tbsp of olive oil

Bedtime snack: 1 glass of milk

Salt foods that require it liberally!

Daily calories: 1900-2200. Adjust as you feel necessary. I'm 180lbs and male so this is just enough to maintain my weight and allow my body to do its metabolic processes.

This covers you for Potassium/Magnesium/Sodium/Chloride/Phosphorus/ and alllllmost the daily RDI of calcium. I'm gonna be trying to add kale in soon to lunch instead of spinach to hit my quota.

This has helped balance a lot of the symptoms that are now gone.

No, that's exactly what I have. Haha. I wake up with adrenaline (But now I drink the salt water which takes it away! (Ha! Take that aldosterone. Seriously, I no longer have to pace in the morning after finding out about this trick). Then I eat breakfast and get kinda revved up, but then it gets calmer as I continue to eat more and more. I don't have a great understanding of it, but Dr. Lam suggests it has something to do with insulin levels and resistance/sensitivity. Balancing my electrolytes via food has been a godsend, though.

Just as a sidenote if anyone feels like their electrolytes are in disarray and may be causing issues this is my exact diet:

Dinner: 6oz of pork, 2 cups of vegetables, and 1 roasted potato with a tbsp of olive oil

Daily calories: 1900-2200. Adjust as you feel necessary. I'm 180lbs and male so this is just enough to maintain my weight and allow my body to do its metabolic processes.

This covers you for Potassium/Magnesium/Sodium/Chloride/Phosphorus/ and alllllmost the daily RDI of calcium. I'm gonna be trying to add kale in soon to lunch instead of spinach to hit my quota.

Meaning the salt plays a role in stopping the pacing...

Remember I did a C peptide test for insulin sensitivity...

It may be the reason I still have crappy mornings...

Yes, exactly! It has something to do with a hormone called aldosterone that is produced when we lack adequate cortisol levels. This only applies to people that have LOW cortisol, not HIGH. If you have high cortisol you wanna pace it off. No level of pacing I could do with low cortisol would stop the aldosterone until it was time for my evening burst of energy (Yay normalized cortisol!). I'm actually thankful for this because cortisol is required for melatonin production which is required for sleep. This is why 4 point cortisol tests are absolutely worth it in withdrawal. If you have insomnia at night then it may be because your cortisol is too low for your body to produce melatonin. Its silly because sleep is required in order to fix the adrenals, but the adrenals are too dumb to regulate themselves to allow it so. It's a vicious cycle.

Yes, exactly! It has something to do with a hormone called aldosterone that is produced when we lack adequate cortisol levels. This only applies to people that have LOW cortisol, not HIGH. If you have high cortisol you wanna pace it off. No level of pacing I could do with low cortisol would stop the aldosterone until it was time for my evening burst of energy (Yay normalized cortisol!). I'm actually thankful for this because cortisol is required for melatonin production which is required for sleep. This is why 4 point cortisol tests are absolutely worth it in withdrawal. If you have insomnia at night then it may be because your cortisol is too low for your body to produce melatonin. Its silly because sleep is required in order to fix the adrenals, but the adrenals are too dumb to regulate themselves to allow it so. It's a vicious cycle.

Starting to believe the final tunes on healing are all on me..

I don't really have any other symptoms apart from that morning stuff and the hunger mood swings.... Only those two...No other symptoms...

For the mornings they kind of get better after eating something...

So sugars might be playing a role in the madness...

I don't really have any other symptoms apart from that morning stuff and the hunger mood swings.... Only those two...No other symptoms...

It very well could be. I would start by asking your doctor to identify any deficiencies you have. I would start with B12, D, and your electrolytes. Also request your liver's functionality. I believe the test is AST? Or AHT? One of those.

It very well could be. I would start by asking your doctor to identify any deficiencies you have. I would start with B12, D, and your electrolytes. Also request your liver's functionality. I believe the test is AST? Or AHT? One of those.

CORTISOL SERUM-13.10ug/dl. Normal range-3.7-19.4

TESTOSTERONE- 22.84nmol/l Normal range-9-34.72 nmol/l

TSH-1.400 Normal range-0.4-4.2

MAGNESIUM:0.75mmol/L Normal range-0.66-1.07

CALCIUM:2.31mmol)L Normal range-2.15-2.55

VITAMIN D3-33.900ng/ml Normal range 30-100

Vitamin B12-423pg/ml Normal range 200-1100

Well, the good news is you're on the upswing! But some countries list anything under 500 as a deficiency for B12 any the psychological symptoms start under that. Your D3 is on the low end of normal. Your cortisol, however, is a blood serum test. This isn't as accurate of a test as one that measures the levels in your spit using DHEA I believe.

I would start by getting a 4 point spit cortisol test. If it shows LOW cortisol then you may be B12/Folate deficient and that might be causing your issues. Obviously talk with your doctor as I'm not one.