Whew, this is rougher than I thought

[Fe...]

Hi,

I started weaning off xanax 8/6.  I was taking .5mg 2x a day for about 30 yrs.  I went from 1mg to .75mg on the 18th.  Then down to .5 8/28, then down to 0 on 9/11.  Went to ER today because I've been having chest pains and wanted to make sure it was probably panic attacks instead of a heart attack.  Heart is fine.

This so hard, though.  I thought that since it was such a low dose it wouldn't be that hard, but I was WRONG so wrong. 

So I thought maybe some support from my peers would help, which is why I'm here, HI.

Anyway, I am a fishkeeper, plantkeeper, and most importantly a catkeeper.  I'm from the south but am currently in the Inland Northwest.  That's about it.

Hello FeetOnTheAir, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Congratulations on becoming benzo-free.  It looks as though you had a pretty rapid taper after 30 years of use.  Withdrawal at any rate can be difficult.  We are here to help.

I'm so glad you decided to join the forum - you'll find plenty of information and support here. Our members have gone through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal, so you'll be able to connect with others who understand what you're going through and can tell you what has worked for them.

Please feel free to post to any of the specialized boards, which can all be accessed from the BenzoBuddies Community Forum homepage. Based on the information provided in your introduction, the following link may be a good starting place for you:  Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

What are your symptoms so far? 

JBen021