Alcohol

[I ...]

25 months off. Feeling much better but still with a handful of lingering symptoms. Very manageable and not scary anymore. Anyone drinking alcohol and if so,how does it affect you? 

Drink everyday and have been all through the process. It’s part of my life and something I enjoy. It goes without saying that everyone is different. I’ve read on here how some people react very poorly to drinking. You’ve been off so long why risk it? Perhaps not worth the risk?

I really missed not being able to drink wine. So after a year off my benzo w/d I tired a small  glass. It didn't adversely affect  me. So I tied a half glass . . . same good result. Eventually I worked up to a normal 3 oz glass of wine. I'd say I have wine with dinner maybe 3 or 4 times a week (I know, what a boozer!). I truly resented the things that benzo w/ took from me . . . so I took them back. Slowly and mindfully. Wine and coffee. Ah........ of course others may not have had the same good experiences, but we're all different. As they say in my native land: vive la difference!.

Hope this helps,

Katz

JBen, I have very few lingering symptoms. Headaches now and then but I'm not sure if they're leftover benzo s/x or not. A bit of pesky insomnia, but I'm a fretter. Always have been. My fretting wakes me up. Except now, it's only every now and then, as opposed to during my taper when I tried everything under the sun to get to sleep, and couldn't stay asleep. So . . . that's it.

I consider I got off lightly. Some bbs suffer for a long time. My rotten s/x ebbed away over the course of about 3 years.

Best to you,

Katz

Thank you.  So there is really hope.  I am 10 months and still suffering.  I always wonder if this will ever end and will I ever be able to have alcohol or take medications. 

Thanks guys. Really just wanted to know how it affects differently in different people. I've already tried it here and there since about 20 months off and it revs up symptoms for about a week, especially the tremors.  Thanks!