Post benzo kindling with THC?

[qw...]

I was 1 year off benzos and almost completely finished with physical symptoms. I felt 80% healed. I had a couple months off over the summer and tried delta 8 edibles (a milder derivative of cannabis). to see if I could take the edge off the remaining anxiety. I really enjoyed a relaxed summer, but the minute I stopped using delta 8, I was floored. I mean absolutely dropped to the floor face first by anxiety and insomnia. In the last 8 weeks I have started dealing with crippling depression and intense ocd. Each show up every day. These emotional symptoms seem to follow the wave pattern that my physical symptoms did. Is this kindling? Can THC kindle the old benzo symptoms?

Im beginning to think that any drug that depresses the central nervous system has the ability to create what I have always only known as benzo withdrawal. I was 13 months clean when I tried to take a short cut. I can’t believe I put myself back into this place after so much hard work and success. I’m so much worse than I was before trying the delta 8 product.

THC elevates the adrenal corticoid steroids (Basically increasing cortisol) so it kinda acts as a "stressor". Hopefully this will be a short-lived wave, but you really gotta be careful from now on. Most waves I've seen on here are 6 weeks to 2 months. You're already halfway, just hang in there and hopefully this will blow over by then. Then just take REALLY good care of yourself. Having to re-live this hell over and over again just isn't worth it.