Talking to My Doctor about Benzo Belly (Gas and Bloating Symptoms)

[ag...]

Hey all, so I've got an appointment with my Dr. next week to discuss how things are going. My doctor is not benzo-wise and he is the one that put me on the benzo's in the first place. BUT he has been receptive to me tapering off of them and has helped with doseage changes when I need them for cutting.

When I talk with him though, I always start the conversation with, "Ok here are my symptoms, BUT I DON'T NEED ANY PRESCRIPTIONS TO SOLVE THESE, I'm just telling you my symptoms so you can assess what I'm dealing with." (I'm trying to avoid more meds to get me into a bigger mess obviously). And of course he's skeptical that benzo withdrawl can cause all these symptoms... but we all know it does.

Anyway, I've been recently having terrible benzo belly symptoms (just awful gas and bloating). I've really restricted my diet and am drinking tons of peppermint and fennel tea, as well as using simethicone and even beano before I eat. It's helping somewhat, but its been bad this week... never had it this bad.

Can anyone explain to me in laymen's terms how I can discuss the WHY of benzo belly with my doctor. I understand their are benzo receptors in the gut, but he's gonna be skeptical of that causing gas. How can I explain to him that, that's what's causing it? I haven't seen a great explanation of this in anything I've read (and I've read a lot). Is it peristalsis in the intestine (or lack thereof in the gut?). What is it?