5 months>23 weeks>161 days benzo free

[Ia...]

...but more importantly I haven't had random tachycardia or blood pressure spikes since May 2021. Not even relapsing into acute w/d after a hospitalization, taking my sister to the ER for symptoms similar to the most scary ones I've had or my mom's struggles with benzos which are eerily similar to mine have caused my BP or HR to spike.

My body's natural response to anxiety is back online and my circulatory system is pretty stress-resistant as a result. In fact, my BP and HR are usually in better-than-normal range. F*** you clonazepam drops! Fuck my stubborn ex-psychiatrist! Fuck every ignorant physician that used "anxiety" as a cop-out when they couldn't explain things because they don't take benzos seriously!

I could be jinxing it but I feel like I'm close to getting back to where I was and it will probably be around the one year anniversary of when it all started Oct-20. If I'm feeling good by then I'm going to celebrate more than on my birthday and I'll "move my birthday to Apr-7": the day I quit benzos.

Hello IaStoiArto,

Sorry that you had a bad experience with this drug from hell like I did. How do you feel now after quiting ? For what purpose you have been prescribed in the first place ?

I took only 4.5 months and now I am tapering, but my anxiety seems much worse now than ever before, definitely even before taking it in the first place. The doctors are simply not caring about people at all, I don't understand why they are doing this.  :'(

Where are you? I'm in Guatemala and the brand of clonazepam and the SSRI that you took are common here.

How do I feel now? Still anxious, still healing the trauma that causes those thought patterns in therapy 2x a month, sometimes 4x. The difference is w/o the side effects of clonazepam, I'm on solid ground from which to do all that work. Imo any substance (prescription or other drugs) is a stop gap while you install new "behavioral software". I was prescribed clonazepam for the aforementioned anxiety.

I took benzos off and on (more on than off) for over a year and just like you my anxiety got worse over time. I think the reason medical professionals prescribe benzos so much is complex. 1) There's a fundamental ignorance in modern medicine regarding how emotions are just bodily phenomena, like HR, blood pressure, etc. Emotions are thoughts, thoughts are electrical, signals, hormones and other stuff. So this idea that some things are "just in our heads" is ridiculous. That's like saying that insulin is only in the pancreas. 2) It's easier to keep someone comfortable than to push them to heal. My psychiatrist should have taken me off of clonazepam when I wasn't healing my trauma. I needed to be more uncomfortable in the situation I was to motivate me to heal. You wouldn't give someone an analgesic without treating the cause of the pain.

That's my take based on almost one year of treating the myriad ailments caused by benzos and the underlying trauma that lead me to use it in the first place.

Hello IaStoiArto,

Sorry that you had a bad experience with this drug from hell like I did. How do you feel now after quiting ? For what purpose you have been prescribed in the first place ?

I took only 4.5 months and now I am tapering, but my anxiety seems much worse now than ever before, definitely even before taking it in the first place. The doctors are simply not caring about people at all, I don't understand why they are doing this.  :'(

Sorry to hear that you are still anxious after so many days, but at least you are healing and you are close for being normal again, that is a good sign definitely!

I am from Romania, the drugs are are pretty much the same everywhere, but under different brands.

I am 0.3 atm tapering , going 0.27 in a few days.

Will go slowly to be sure that I can function and will heal faster after I am off.

Unfortunately I have the Escitalopram to take care after the benzo.

My neurologist tried to put me on Escitalopram while I was tapering also but by then I was so sensitive from the benzos that when I tried it it rendered me helpless for like a day. I hope it works out well for you, as I've heard it's a good long term medication for anxiety.

Tapering slowly is best when possible. Acute withdrawal was hell for me but I couldn't really afford to taper too slowly. I cut down over 6-8 weeks. I hope you heal well and as painlessly as possible.

Oh, Escitalopram in the fist days, it's worsening your anxiety greatly and it's a bad idea to introduce it while you taper the benzo, definitely.

I am not sure if Escitalopram (Cipralex) ever helped me, I felt good just 3 weeks in the first 1-2 month of treatment, but I think that was because the benzo this it's trick, then the tolerance occurred and you know the drill.

I am gonna slow tapper and when I am of Clonazepam, I will know (probably after some weeks) if Escitalopram works or not. I am anyway determined to start taper that as well.