How long to adjust to DLMT?

[Ch...]

As I approach the final stages of my taper ( :thumbsup:) I am considering switching to a DLMT.  The reasoning being that dry cuts are getting too small.

I am thinking of doing one more dry cut and then DLMT to jumping.

However, I was wondering if it was normal to expect a period of worsened s/x as you adjust to the liquid method. Any advice?   

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I just started switching over.  Was going to go slow in transitioning to a liquid but I noticed not difference whatsoever, so I (perhaps overeagerly) switched all my does to liquid after about one week. Today I did a very small taper, where I will hold until stable.  If I have any bad symptoms, I will updose to my last level again.  Looking forward to being able to taper more slowly and precisely.  I am not yet doing a daily micro taper.  Still doing a cut and hold for a bit.

Best,

Butterfly 🦋

I mixed my own DLMT from my pills and felt only a small difference in the timing of how the meds hit my system (the liquid made it faster).

If you are switching actual medicine (as in a compounded liquid, yes, it has altered things for some, it sure did for me when the benzo was compounded with almond oil).

I hope this helps?

• 2 weeks later...

there can be a slight adjustment period --- so you want to make the change, don't panic if you feel worse (your body is readjusting to the metabolism of the drug) and then once stable wait another week or two before you make your first cut

best of luck

As I approach the final stages of my taper ( :thumbsup:) I am considering switching to a DLMT.  The reasoning being that dry cuts are getting too small.

I am thinking of doing one more dry cut and then DLMT to jumping.

However, I was wondering if it was normal to expect a period of worsened s/x as you adjust to the liquid method. Any advice? 

Chalkey. First congrats on your great progress. I switched to liquid at 0.12 mg. There was a adjustment for me and some rougher symptoms but it only lasted about a week. I switched from dry cutting and am glad I did. I have been doing liquid for about 3 weeks and dropping 0.001 mg a day.

Adding a little here from my own experience.  I have had a frustrating time with the liquid because of stupid things - no adapter cap on my bottle and lousy oral syringes.  But I have soldiered through.  I am nearing the end of this script and even though I dutifully shook the container a LOT, I think the remainder may not have as much med in it!  I am starting to get some WD stuff that I should not.  And I have lost some med due to drips from the lid of the container and my hands are noticeably slippery after I open the dang thing and pull a dose into the syringe.  So, most of this stuff will get fixed in a few days, but I am kind of ticked off that I have symptoms.  Just a minor note of caution for you - don’t be like me!!! Thanks

suggested 10-14days  for stabilizing from dry to liquid taper.  Some people are fine without the stabilization window, but I did not find it tolerable to do a liquid taper at all, at least not now in the process, I switched back to dry taper with a gram scale.  I may try to do liquid again when close to my jump off if needed.  I'm tapering off xanax which was part of the problem becasue it doesn't dissolve completely using a water taper, which I did since I did not want to use vodka.  If I do liquid again, I will use 4% everclear vodka to completely dissolve the tablet.  Wishing you luck!