How many months?

[Pa...]

Nearly 32 months , intrusive thoughts still won't shift other symptoms eased.Had lot emotional stress this year made things worse. Have accepted some of us just take long time to improve, nothing you can do about it, trying couple supplements helping a bit. Just praying get a window soon!

25 months. 75 percent better. Can do everything I did before this mess except for driving. Just grateful that I can be there for my children. They have their mother back.

3 1/2 months.  Symptoms changing all the time.  This week, much less head pressure which was bad before. Grateful for that! But massive amounts of buzzing and tingling in my body with heart palpitations and difficulty walking. Wondering when this will end and be replaced by the next round of fun things.  Trying to stay in the moment.

Short term user: almost 9 months off

Most days feel between 80-90%. The others, maybe about 60%.

Remaining symptoms, especially on bad days: broken sleep, extreme tinnitus, chest tremors/vibrations, palpitations, anxiety attacks, boatiness, lightheaded, head/ears pressure, chest tightness.

Karla

30 months, and feel maybe 50% healed. Still dealing with tinnitus, DP/DR, GI problems, migraines, nightmares, brain fog, head pressure, hair loss, night sweats, and depression/mental negativity.

29 months, and lately I'm feeling 90% healed. My sleep seems to have fully returned, which is miraculous! My only remaining constant symptoms are dizziness/head pressure, food sensitivities, tinnitus, and f&*$ing air hunger (I hate it so much). Feeling really optimistic that I'm getting close to the finish line!

19 months off, after 20 years of daily use.

These past 6 months have been pretty rough with lots of heavy waves. Sometimes I catch a decent window for a couple weeks at a time (where I feel 65% better than I do in the waves but still nowhere near normal).

In June I had a 3 day period where I felt almost 100% normal. It was AMAZING!  8)

In my 10th month. 

Decent enough windows at times.  Have symptoms every day that can include:  Morning adreneline surges from 2/3am to 10/11am, body feels like it is in crisis, severe anxiety, insomnia, and air hunger (which is the worst!).

I can function most of the time.  Working full time from home for the most part so I can take longer breaks and hide my symptoms.

One week away from my 18th month and seeing real healing!!!  Can go for days and days with no head symptoms, have more energy, and an overall feeling that I am getting close to the final chapter.  Have learned that it is essential, in my case, that I not overdue or eat the wrong foods....sugar, caffeine, alcohol, and too many carbs are off the menu as of now.  I have started doing daily light exercises, including walking for 20 to 30 minutes throughout nature, practicing meditation every morning, and doing the 4/7/8 breathing exercises upon awakening. 

It really does get better, but it takes a lot of patience.  I watched a bird yesterday sit patiently for a long time until a bug showed up and became the bird’s snack!  I mean this bird never took his beady little eyes off the goal, and was rewarded splendidly in the end. 

Time and patience will bring you to the most wonderful and lasting window....trust me :thumbsup:

GG

Thanks, JBen!  At 74 years of age, it could be considered a miracle that I am healing!!

Plus, I underwent head surgery, a colostomy and a reverse colostomy during my Valium use, cessation of and withdrawal.  What a journey and one I know I shall never have to take again!

Healing wishes for you :thumbsup:

GG

3.5 months. All my symptoms have gone except the ridiculous lack of sleep. When it’s bad heart palpitations and anxiety come back to play. My eye also gets really sore and bloodshot. I had nearly every symptom at one stage or another. So as hard as it is there have been positive changes x

22 Months and just came off a period of feel quite well.  Now, I am back into the anxiety and brain fog crap.  Staying positive cause through all of this I can tell I am getting my normal personality back.  Even though I still have waves that are depressing at times, I see the big picture of healing happening.

Stay the course...

Hingie

• 2 weeks later...
[aa...]
16 almost 17 months off benzos. 8 months off kratom? All my  symptoms now are thoughts or brain stuff going on. Physical mostly all gone. Just feel kinda crazy now. Here's to another day down.

19 months today....I was doing quite well before a medical setback in Aug. Sad to say I'm in a setback. No where close to where I was this summer.

I am noticing small improvements but I'm super fragile again. Mornings suck again. sighhhhhhhh. Its devastating to feel so close to seeing light at the end of the tunnel only to be slung back to where you were months ago.

But thankful for what I can do and that I'm making some progress. I can do things I just have to go super slow and pace myself. Keep telling myself,

"You were feeling good before and you will again".

But its rough.

Good to see a lot of you who posted on this thread are making some good progress:)

15 months off I’d say I’m about 65-70% healed. My main symptoms are head symptoms such as boatiness, headaches once every two weeks, dizziness, ear ringing at varying degrees, unbalanced, episodes of spinning/ seizure like very short lived loss of muscle tone and sinus pressure with infection. When in a wave I get looping songs, intrusive thoughts, muscle spasms mainly in my legs and back, head pressure, strong sleepiness, magnet pulling sensation with diarrhea. Waves have gotten better. Windows are better and longer. Still having a pattern of three steps forward and two steps back. If it wasn’t for all my head symptoms I’d be completely healed or at least 90%.

Currently I can’t drive, tolerate exercise, go anywhere, lift or bend down and can’t sit up or stand for too long.

But I sleep most nights about 6-7 hours mostly uninterrupted. During waves I often get a new very short appearance of a symptom or two as well as old ones come back in mild form.

Happy healing everyone!