Will propofol work if I am benzo tolerant and have insomnia???

[He...]

I am supposed to have a colonoscopy and I am nervous about it. I told the Dr. I have a benzo tolerance and severe insomnia and he assured me that propofol was entirely different and he has never seen it not work. I am afraid because 2mg Xanax won't put me to sleep, that propofol might not work for me. I told him I would call back to schedule my colonoscopy.

Anybody know about propofol? or had it that has insomnia? I am 52, so I want to get it done, but I am nervous I won't go to sleep or that I will wake up during the procedure.

Any input appreciated. Thanks

HM

HM,

I had a colonoscopy about a year and a half ago and had no problems whatsoever!  It was done while I was in the throws of my horrible symptoms when insomnia was at its worst!  I was terrified to go and had myself all worked up for what turned out to be a breeze!  I had zero issues whatsoever.  In fact, propofol ended up working so well that I slept for well over an hour for a procedure that only took 20 minutes.  LOL  And I felt sooooo relaxed when I woke. 

I was beyond relieved that it was over and done with with no issues.  Try not to stress about it.  :thumbsup:

Lori

I think it’s one of the ones it’s ok to take in bwd. I think versed is the one to stay clear of. From memory x

I had a colonoscopy done but I was deep in tolerance so no idea if it effected me x

I had a colonoscopy when  was in w/d, tapering my benzo. The experience went off without a hitch. I had no problems "falling asleep" with the drug. And then I went home after the procedure and took a little nap.

I think things will turn out okay for you.

:smitten:

Best,

Katz