OCD

[Pt...]

Has anyone else here been diagnosed with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder? I just had my first true break earlier this year, in April. If any of you have any experience dealing with it, I'd love to hear your stories.

As it is, I intend on treating my OCD without any medications, as they tend to exacerbate any kinds of issues.

I've got tremendous OCD, mentally, physically. Since the Benzo ordeal, my feet, legs and my jaw - to the point my muscles become inflamed. I try to be aware of it, try to stop, maybe take Diclofenac, that's about all I can do.

Benzos are a lot more of mental issues for me than physical.

Only when meds onduced anxiety is playing with me.

I had it the for the first time when starting Paroxetine and when tapering it.

I have the AD taper on hold and do the benzo first as I hit tolererance withdrawal.

During benzo withdrawal continue flares of breathing ocd when anxiety rise after a drop in benzo dose.

But I allmost get used of it and it wont stop me from tapering these evil poisons.

• 2 weeks later...
i also have been diagnosed with ocd  this year and i already knew before the diagnoses i had it though  .....  we tend to be more prone to it because of the anxiety and panics and agoraphobia though we can not control any of the first 3 things i just listed so my though is we over compensate  with ocd to take some control back.. i have certain things or rituals i do  also 

I do feel like my life is out of control because my mind and thoughts are so messed up now which is why I have some ritual OCD things I do each day.

Has anyone else here been diagnosed with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder? I just had my first true break earlier this year, in April. If any of you have any experience dealing with it, I'd love to hear your stories.

As it is, I intend on treating my OCD without any medications, as they tend to exacerbate any kinds of issues.

Did you have this before benzos? I'm experiencing chemically induced OCD type symptoms caused by being made to CT zopiclone. What methods are you trying to help it ? I never had this prior to stopping zopiclone.

I was 13 years old and I was on holiday.I have really traumatic experience (one old man have fatal heart attack in front of me).I was running through all camp to find doctor and I found it.My parents told me the man survived.2 days later I found that my parents lied to me.I developed ugly OCD which last couple of years.

-If I step crack on the street I will die

-If I didn't touch something at least 3 times with each hand I will die

-If I don't blink 3 times in a row I die

-Switching on lights-I must switch off and switch on with other hand,so room's was like disco.On/off On/off On/off(when I go at some friend you couldn't imagine what was I doing with ring bell...)

And many more and ugly obsessesion...My parents was desperate to find cure,but it was stronger than me.Couple of doctors, therapist nothing improve my health.

So I'm from Balkan and here we have bioenergy and many other unconventional methods of healing so my mother take me at some old woman who was know for bioenergy.1 session for 5 minutes.The old lady says this boy have a lot of fear but it will disappear soon.10 day's later no sign from OCD.Like miracle. I was stepping that crack on asphalt and I'm like I'm not dying I'm okay you mother***er.

So my point is that you need to find something to believe strong that will fix your OCD and you can change that overnight.Consciousness is the first station for  fixing your mind.

[nobbc]https://www.amazon.com/Power-Your-Subconscious-Mind/dp/1614270198[/nobbc]

You can read this book.Let it be your switch for turning off your ocd. :smitten:

Edit: Deactivated commercial link.

• 1 month later...
I have it now really bad to they point where I cannot function. And it only started after withdrawal. Mine seems to be around a sleep anxiety around bedtime thing. Nothing is clean enough, nothing feels right, I have to do rituals. If I see words on boxes or whatever I HAVE to read them repeatedly. So going through the kitchen to prep food for my kids is a nightmare for me. I haven’t found anything to help me so I’m sorry I have nothing to offer in that sense. But I do understand how awful it is. It’s hell when it’s really bad and I feel for all of those dealing with it.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for such a late response, all of you. It seems like drug withdrawal exacerbates or causes an OCD break. For years, ever since my girlhood really, I've had minor OCD issues, until after my benzo W/D, in the few months after Feb 2020.

I now struggle with OCD rituals, compulsions, drug contamination obsessions, and a few other nasty themes.