Salmon and Waves?

[bo...]

I'm having a weirdly rough day. The strange thing about my symptoms is that my vision is super blurry today despite not being like this since the spring and also after sleeping good last night.

I had salmon for dinner last night and am wondering if it's causing a small wave. It was fresh salmon that was actually caught in Alaska recently. I have read that salmon can cause waves. Is there any truth to that? And if so why?

Yes, it had been true for me.  I don't think it's just salmon, but more likely fatty cold-water fish in general.  Fish is high in histamine, that could be one reason.  Another possible reason is that fish oil is stimulating to the brain.  I have not been able to take fish oils when my symptoms are bad.

Must be the fish oil because I tried taking fish oil at about a year off and it was given to me by a functional doctor and I want from sleeping about four hours a night to 0 hours a night just the two days that I took it. But that was when I was about 13 months off. I'm now 42 months off.

funny how we are all different in this recovery. The one thing I've never had a problem with is omega 3 fish oil, and eating salmon.

Under normal circumstances its supposed to be so good for the brain. But I guess its entirely possible BBB , I mean I'm the girl that can't eat tomatoes as of last month so its all really weird.

Yep. I can’t eat salmon or fatty fish like barramundi. I can’t take fish oil either.  Thanks everyone for explaining why if affects our brains. I wondered about why I couldn’t eat then.

Trina - I can’t eat tomatoes either! You’re in good company.

I've not had this type of reaction with tomatoes. I grew them all summer and have been fine with them.

But this is the first time I've eaten salmon in a very long time. I also had a bunch of shrimp so I'm guessing I ingested a lot of fish oil. The reason I'm noticing the wave is because my vision is blurry out of nowhere and haven't had it since last school year.

I can eat salmon now but the first year I could not. Spinach also triggered me the same which is why I think it was histamine related. I actually tried Salmon three times because I am a glutton for punishment and I really wanted to be sure. It was definitely the Salmon and not a coincidence. I would not say it triggered a wave so much as it ramped up my symptoms heavily for a couple of days after.