hard to be around people even in my own home......anyone?

[30...]

my anxiety and agitation basically leaves me not wanting to talk to or be around anyone....I feel bad because my extended family knows I am struggling and feel that coming to visit me would be supportive -- but it actually just makes me more anxious and I find it stressful to think about.......when I am this agitated/uncomfortable I just want to be alone --- anyone else struggling with this? 

I was so grateful I lived alone when I went through this for exactly the reasons you mention, it was just too hard to be around people.  I worked while recovering except for the first three weeks after my cold turkey and what made it more difficult was being around people.  I'd actually hide in a bathroom stall when I couldn't face them anymore.

Can you let your family know the way you feel, I can tell you're a kind person who doesn't want to hurt their feelings but putting added stress on you with their visits will make you feel worse, stress exacerbates our symptoms.

It's such a dilemma.  Human interaction is so necessary for mental health, and yet it's just too overstimulating in acute WD.  I definitely have felt that way many times. Felt so bad for my hubby and boys.  I just have to shut myself up in my room most of the time.

thanks pam and sage,

yes, I have explained and they understand === in some ways I think it is more ME that doesn't understand -- I love my family so much but I just feel so much fear and discomfort in my own skin - it makes things so much harder to be around others. 

I'm not currently that way but I was definitely there at one point for a good long bit.  I didn't want to be around anyone except my husband and kids and even then, a lot of times not even them.  I went many, many months without seeing any extended family and would get incredibly anxious when other family or friends called or came by.  I had not only agoraphobia but because of the heightened sensitivities, it was painful to be around others.  AND, I was incredibly agitated too and hated to have to put on a "happy face".  I'm not one who can pretend.  Hang in there and go easy on yourself and know that this will get better in time. 

I'm struggling in and out of the house. Hard to concentrate on what family members are saying as I'm so consumed with my withdrawal and worries. I'm spending too much time alone.