anyone else sleep okay? but wake with anxiety......

[30...]

anyone sleep okay but wake with anxiety and or/terror or depression and basically box all day with symptoms until evening....things calm a bit at night a few hours before bed and then its the same thing all over again..........

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Di...]

• [30...]

• [Hu...]

• [He...]

Yup.  That is me exactly.  I get morning adreneline/cortisol/anxiety (whatever it is) surges.  They usually start around 3am-4am and last till about 11am - 1pm, sometimes longer.

I am battling insomnia but no matter how I sleep, at about 7am, I start having severe anxiety. As I wake up, I can feel the cortisol rush happening. It's awful. I am ridden with fear and anxiety and I lie in bed trying to think calm thoughts. Gradually, over the course of the day, it gets better and I am somewhat calm when I go to bed at 9pm.

I am hoping as I get lower in dose and jump, it will get better. I read somewhere that someone's symptoms got better as she got lower in dose. My sleep has improved but my anxiety has gotten worse. I'm holding right now to try and get a handle on my anxiety.

Hi 300days,

I'm really nervous and have fear.  I also have headaches and my stomach gives me fits.  I am so sorry you are struggling this is so very hard.

Yes I am doing the DLMT very slow.

year, nervous, fear, terror, depression --- I'm battling it all -- its crazy,

heart, I have heard that as well - -I hope so

j - does yours get better in evening?

I get the same Diane, it’s horrible every morning

Hi Joeb,

I'm sorry you struggle with anxiety too.  I am so glad you have been able to taper.  I'll be so thankful when we are off this poison!

Hugs ❤

Thanks for the hugs, Debbie! Back atcha :)

I feel better after having gone to the gym. I just started back 3 weeks ago and I am SO weak! I have a long ways to go.

I have a lot of appointments tomorrow, so I hope my anxiety isn't too bad in the morning, but it usually is.

HM

Thanks Diane it’s been aweful I’m thinking about crossing to Valium but I’ve heard it can be tough too

Hi Joeb,

I thought about valium also but decided against it.  You might do ok with it I just didn't want to take the chance.

Hugs❤

This morning was particularly bad.  About half of mornings are.  I can feel it coming over me while sleeping at about 3am.  If I slowly pull a weighted blanket over me, dont open my eyes to let any light in, and keep my heart rate steady, I can stay somewhat asleep for another 30-60 minutes.  The chemicals seems to slow when I do that. 

This morning tho it didnt work and I felt the rush of adrenaline flood my body.  I can literally feel when it is produced by my body.  It feels like a liquied pouring throughout my insides.  I keep thinking . . . this is too much . . . it is too much.  But it continues to flood in. 

For the next 4 hours from 3am to 7am it gets more and more intense.  My body feels like it is in crisis.  My heart rate is up.  My chest and throat constrict.  I cant breathe . . . I cant breathe.  At the height of the chemical rush I feel as though I am suffocating, suffocating.  It last another hour.  I cant breathe.

At 8am I can feel it leveling off.  The rush is slowing.  I am still highly symptomatic. The next few hours it gets easier.  By 10-11am, sometimes later, it is better, much better, but never back to normal.  I can still feel the after effects.  By 7pm I am exhausted.  By 8pm I am asleep dreading the next surge.  This has been happening to me for months and months.

I am exhausted.

well, I'm glad I am not alone but so damn sorry for all of us.......I agree, I tend to get "a bit of a reprieve" in the evening but damn by the next morning I am a disaster

I look forward to sleep so much... but absolutely

Sheer terror brings me coffee in bed....it's just so so horrific...and I cannot escape....

Dan I'm with you on the sleep.  Seems like I wait all day for evening to come because I know that I'll probably sleep well...but oh the morning!

This morning was particularly bad.  About half of mornings are.  I can feel it coming over me while sleeping at about 3am.  If I slowly pull a weighted blanket over me, dont open my eyes to let any light in, and keep my heart rate steady, I can stay somewhat asleep for another 30-60 minutes.  The chemicals seems to slow when I do that. 

This morning tho it didnt work and I felt the rush of adrenaline flood my body.  I can literally feel when it is produced by my body.  It feels like a liquied pouring throughout my insides.  I keep thinking . . . this is too much . . . it is too much.  But it continues to flood in. 

For the next 4 hours from 3am to 7am it gets more and more intense.  My body feels like it is in crisis.  My heart rate is up.  My chest and throat constrict.  I cant breathe . . . I cant breathe.  At the height of the chemical rush I feel as though I am suffocating, suffocating.  It last another hour.  I cant breathe.

At 8am I can feel it leveling off.  The rush is slowing.  I am still highly symptomatic. The next few hours it gets easier.  By 10-11am, sometimes later, it is better, much better, but never back to normal.  I can still feel the after effects.  By 7pm I am exhausted.  By 8pm I am asleep dreading the next surge.  This has been happening to me for months and months.

I am exhausted.

Jben,

I am so very sorry that have had such a rough time today!  Praying you get better soon.

Hugs

well, I'm glad I am not alone but so damn sorry for all of us.......I agree, I tend to get "a bit of a reprieve" in the evening but damn by the next morning I am a disaster

300days I know what you mean.  I keep waiting for the day we will all be off this poison!

Hugs

I like to call this the “Cinderella effect”... once the clock strikes 12 we all turn into pumpkins.

Good to see you I've been thinking about you.  Are you feeling any relief?

Hugs❤

Thanks for thinking of me... I wish I had better news... I’m not even getting any windows anymore ☹️

Dianedeedee, so proud of you to start tapering again after all the gut and anxiety issues you’ve endured lately. Any improvement?

Great thread 300.