Been off quetiapine for 9 months, 0 Benzos… need help.

[Ho...]

have been having these huge continuing seizure looking events. My mouth will open up as far as it can go and stay there. Tongue sticks out. Every part of me contracts. My eyebrows will go up and stay there with my mouth wide-open, until it decides to let go.

Loud vocal tics. And more.

My NP gave me a medication Austedo, which I took for a day and felt worse. My NP said this could go away and I could heal 100 percent. ( I know these drugs are for Parkinson’s and TD… but they also cause it.

I put a call into my therapist ( left a message) just to let her know. I told her I stopped taking the medication. What are they gonna have to offer me?

Sometimes for quite a while it goes away during the day ( not that I feel good in between though ).

I still am trying to stick to the narrative that it gets better, it’s just gonna take a long time.

I’m still very afraid to take a medication for it that could make it worse.

I went to the emergency room the Wednesday before I got that medication. I got a CT scan and everything was fine… The ER doc thought it was the Bupropion and then I should taper off. That is my last taper. My NP did not think it was bupropion…

I’m between a rock and a hard place…. Of course somebody in that office wanted me to reinstate with Ativan the other day… of course I wouldn’t do it.

Please help guys…

HopeFull01

I don't know what to say because I don't want you to be stuck like this permanently. :(

I'd go with your gut on this one.

Try this:

Go to Google

Type in, "Benzobuddies Tardive Dyskinesia"

Read through others' posts and see if it can go away on its own. This is what I do when I find something that I can't link to something else.

And obviously work with your doctor as  much as you feel comfortable. Also remember that the startup for drugs can be intense for those of us in withdrawal (And even normal people!) if you feel the need to take something start slow and work your way up.

Thank you.

I will do that. I have really been through it. I’m at the point like many that they were damaged by medication snd don’t trust taking more.

I feel like I made a decision… i’m just gonna tell my therapist that I only took the Cogentin take drug once ( which is true… I can’t remember the name of it ). I feel I’ve come too far to do another major drug with no tests or anything. I feel they just throwing spaghetti against the wall.

I’ve already paid a huge price. I’m just gonna ride it out to my next month appointment. I am letting them now.

Godspeed everyone.