Breathing Issues

[...]

When i lay in bed and try to go to sleep my body is sometimes still raging with physical anxiety.  This is not mental anxiety.  I have no looping or bad thougths.  No sense of dread.  It is all physical.  I feel the muscles in my chest, lungs, and thoat constrict.  Every breath brings a sense of severe physical anxiety, panic.  It almost feels as if my mouth, nose, and throat are closing in with each inhale. 

When I start to doze off I feel my lungs pull in large amounts of air and I start panting.  Then breathing goes back to normal for about 5 mins and it starts over again.  It is almost like my lungs forget to breathe for a second or two then make up for it by sucking in a lot of air.  Kind of like what I think sleep apnea would be like but it feels like it is coming from my nervous system.  Eventually I fall asleep but it is not easy.  Well most of the time.

Anyway I am wondering if anyone else has these episodes of panting over and over.  What is it like for you?  How would you describe it exactly? 

I am going to the doctor to check this out just to rule out any other issue.  I am trying to come up with the right description of what is happening and not quite getting it right. 

I am fairly certain it is all benzos but you never know.

Im glasd you will see a doctor, but I also think it sure sounds like benzo wd to me. Some people have all sorts of physical symptoms, and some have more mental stuff. A few have both. None of this is easy or fun!

It will help if you always keep in mind that benzo wd actually means your BRAIN has to heal. Benzos do their nasty work on your brain, so when you remove the benzo, your brain goes a bit nutsy. Benzos work on a lot of your nervous system,. all of which comes from the brain. The amygdala, the FearCenter of our brains, is usually quite upset and this will cause, intense fear, anxiety, insomnia, and all sorts of other not good stuff. It takes time to heal from this, so just try to accept that and decide on enduring it all. Healing from benzos was without a doubt, the BEST thing I ever did......for myself.

east

Yes it happened with me. I would be up in middle of night restless gasping feeling like I can't breathe or chest issues or might going for heart attack. I would be covered with whole sweating. Feel like someone is constricting my throat and chest. It was horrible but then it will turn normal after few hours. I went to doctor and got chest heart checked but came out to be normal. It has gradually decreased overtime but it's good that you decided to visit doctor atleast it will rule out other issues.

Chest xray, then MRI, cardio fit test, running on treadmill, and panels and panels of blood tests.  I am perfectly healthy.  The doctor kept bringing up the ‘anxiety’ word.  Ugh.  I guess it is benzo withdrawal still.

Chest xray, then MRI, cardio fit test, running on treadmill, and panels and panels of blood tests.  I am perfectly healthy.  The doctor kept bringing up the ‘anxiety’ word.  Ugh.  I guess it is benzo withdrawal still.

It happened with me. All tests were normal. It's not anxiety anymore it's the devils pill... Don't worry it will heal with time.