Anyone start with Xanax DMT, then go liquid, then go back to DMT?

[wi...]

I know they say you're not supposed to keep messing with your taper, but one also has to try and correct things when it doesn't seems to be working out. And it's not working out!

As you can read below I stated this DMT process a little over a month ago coming off 2mg of X (xanax) by .50mg before finding BB, of course, horrible side effects within 2-3days. But I ignored the coming off slowly advice because I wanted to get off this drug so badly, so I then started cutting daily dose by .25mg..still horrible w/d sx(symptoms).

I've been a long term user.  That .50mg cut and .25mg cut was waaaaaay too much of course, and the pills weren't easy to split accurately.  I then decided to try a liquid taper going back up again to 2mg and waited to this day, 18 days, for my body to stabilize to the liquid. I went from dosing 2x/day to 4x/day because of interdose w/d, it seems over the past week the dosages have had  a 3.5-4 hour time window before I start feeling more severe interdose withdrawal. Someone suggested that if this happened, I should go back to dry tablets immediately and use the DMT with appropriate jewelers scale..I know Xanax has the shortest half life of maybe all benzos, so that makes things difficult to begin with..another member reported that she and others have had to go back from liquid to dry because of similar experiences.  Maybe the X in liquid form metabolizes faster in the body and causes less time to pass before even worse interdose w/d happens.

I am wondering if anyone else can give me feedback. I use water, which I know isn't the best with Xanax for a solution, but I do alll the appropriate things when doing a water taper like letting the pill dissolve overnight and shaking the bottle super vigorously before I divide it out into my four doses for the day, and I rinse the jars and drink the rinse water to get particles that adhere inside the jar.  I am just venting here, but am also really interested on whaat others have to say, and hopefully others who have had to switched back to DMT from liquid.  I am not interested in a water/tablet combo.

Thanks for having read this, and thanks in advance for any replies.  Trying to keep calm here about all of this.

A DMT is a daily micro taper. This method isn't specifically for liquid or dry tapering; it's when reductions are sized such that they can be made daily.

It sounds like you're considering going back to using a scale for dry tapering. It also sounds like your liquid method may be too inaccurate for your body's needs. I think it's safe to adapt to this situation and your symptoms however you need to, and I don't think it will hurt to change to a method that you feel more confident will work better for you. Symptoms don't lie IME; we're all a little different and I find it's appropriate to take this feedback in stride and find the best way forward.

Let us know if there's any way we can help.  :thumbsup:

Thank you slow and steady.  I appreciate your ongoing support on the forum!  You have a lot of wisdom, and your willingness to help is a comfort.