Post Covid 19 long haulers vs post benzo withdrawal symptoms have same symptoms?

[Ma...]

Hello everyone,

I've been reading up on post covid 19, they call them long haulers. All the symptoms that I was reading up on has all the exact symptoms that people are going through post benzo withdrawal. This is very unreal and interesting but not in a good way. 😕

Hello everyone,

I've been reading up on post covid 19, they call them long haulers. All the symptoms that I was reading up on has all the exact symptoms that people are going through post benzo withdrawal. This is very unreal and interesting but not in a good way. 😕

Yes it's true.  I have C19 right now and it's kicking my butt.  Fortunately, the massive and constant panic attacks are over (I hope), or at least diminishing.  But if you take a look at my C19 recovery blog, you'll see that I wrote a list of my symptoms and you can go right down the line and check them all off for benzo withdrawal too.  It's pretty sad. 

I pray for everyone that is recovering from both. These drugs and covid virus is very scary shit that lingers with us for months to years. I'm still far from healed from benzo. Slowly but surely. Everyone please take of yourself stay safe from getting covid. 🙏

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I'm sorry we're all going through this again.

I suffered from covid in January, I had been off benzo for 29 months and I was doing quite well. Waves and windows but fine. Now I feel worse than acute. Sorry for such a pessimistic message. Now I don't sleep well, I'm tired and I'm woken up by vibrations, throbbing, burning in the body, prickling. Anxiety is very bad. Physically I have lost kilos, and hair and although I have mental clarity, less when I make physical or mental effort. And now my concern is to continue the same and not know if this disappears.

And I honestly don't know how to keep my job

Hello,

I'm sorry we're all going through this again.

I suffered from covid in January, I had been off benzo for 29 months and I was doing quite well. Waves and windows but fine. Now I feel worse than acute. Sorry for such a pessimistic message. Now I don't sleep well, I'm tired and I'm woken up by vibrations, throbbing, burning in the body, prickling. Anxiety is very bad. Physically I have lost kilos, and hair and although I have mental clarity, less when I make physical or mental effort. And now my concern is to continue the same and not know if this disappears.

And I honestly don't know how to keep my job

Very sorry to hear this!  It gets better, but in my case very slowly.  I'm having some nice windows, but still suffering quite a lot during the waves. 

Hi,

I got Covid in January too. I am still worse than I was in acute. I was 27 months off benzo too. Doing well - having great long months of windows. Waves were blips. I have all the same symptoms as Aira. I have tried anti histamines to see if they help but have just made me worse. I tried them as I do believe this is a mast cell and histamine issue. In fact tried a new one two days ago and woke up with akathisia.No more supplements or drugs for me. Just time! I am hoping my body knows how to heal from this. Love and prayers to you all. Stay strong. Xxxx

Hi,

I got Covid in January too. I am still worse than I was in acute. I was 27 months off benzo too. Doing well - having great long months of windows. Waves were blips. I have all the same symptoms as Aira. I have tried anti histamines to see if they help but have just made me worse. I tried them as I do believe this is a mast cell and histamine issue. In fact tried a new one two days ago and woke up with akathisia.No more supplements or drugs for me. Just time! I am hoping my body knows how to heal from this. Love and prayers to you all. Stay strong. Xxxx

So sorry the antihistamines didn't work for you!  I can't take them either.  I can hardly take anything.  I guess it's just a matter of waiting for the body to slowly heal itself.  It's a long agonizing wait for sure.  I hate to hear that you're still worse than acute.  I had a window of about 9 days this month.  It was nice.  I was able to take long walks and even run a little.  I hope that gives you some hope.  I'm back in the trenches because of my period but hoping I get another nice window sometime this month.

Thank you so much - a 9 day window sounds amazing. Definitely time now to leave my body alone. Take care x

• 2 weeks later...

Lumpy123 and sage hill, I am so sorry that we are suffering so much.

I'm taking anti-inflammatories so I can get some rest from those symptoms at night, so I can keep my job and some sanity.

I appreciate your messages and glad you had a window.