Having Interdose W/D more rapidly with Xanax

[wi...]

I'm a little perplexed.  It's been day 14 waiting for my body to stabilize from dry tablets to liquid taper. My interdose withdrawal time seems to be shortening.  I switched to 4x/day dosing when I switched to liquid taper to help with interdose w/d.  Today I feel like my noon dose is already wearing off, my face is burning and ears are hot, eyes dry, mouth dry and thoughts are anxious.  This is the first day that a dose has only seems to last 3.5 hours before Sx return.  Could it actually be true w/d finally soaking in from the switch from DMT to liquid, or is this just a wonky day?  Any one ever have this with X?  I know it leaves the system quickly, but 3.5 hours is ridiculously short. I know this process is unpredictable, but I'm shocked at how short the dose lasted today.  Trying not to be paranoid.  :'(

Many of us “long haulers” as well as buddies I knew from years past who have completed their Xanax tapers ran into this as well… myself included. Liquid did not work for us at all. I tried it on 3 occasions during my taper and each time it felt as though I was taking a placebo. There were even arguments about this from other members with one of the Mods (Builder, who was the guru of titration help).

What we deduced was that Xanax in liquid form “can possibly” be metabolized too quickly. Additionally, since Xanax has the shortest half life of all the Benzo’s, interdose withdrawal is more common. I’m painfully aware that by the 4th hour, the inter dose really kicks in. Liquid seems to work much better for those who crossed over to Valium as per Ashton since Valium builds up in your system and has a significantly longer half life.

Miraculously some have been able to use the liquid with success but many have not. I also believe that changing your method mid taper can present problems. Hence, I ultimately stuck with a dry cut method even though I had access to concentrated liquid from my pharmacist. I wish it had worked for me be so it would have been so much easier!

Lori

lori, do you dose four or five times a day?

I do the liquid Xanax and dose five Times a day -- my taper is pure hell right now but that is because of another reason -- I do think I get some interpose withdrawal at the four hour mark but I did the liquid from the beginning of my taper so my body has always been pretty used to it

it did take me two weeks or so to get used to it

300, (and Wideskey - this answers your PM question as well),

I’ve always dozed 4 times per day.

A few years ago when I reached .75 mgs the first time (I think I took it out of my signature) I decided to dose 3 times per day simply because it was easier to take 3 doses of .25 milligrams than trying to do 4 equal doses of .1875. It was a HUGE mistake! That’s what ultimately set me back, and causes the updose to 1 mg and a year long hold. At the time I had no idea that the dosing change would as problematic as it was. Since I was coming from an all time high of 6 milligrams, .75 seemed really low to me! Big mistake!! It was a horrible few months. Far too much interdose issues but it took me some time to figure out what happened because I continued to reduce. I actually got down to @ .5875 but was completely bed ridden with awful symptoms.  To this day I cringe at how foolish I was!!

Ugh!! I lost a full year of tapering over that mistake! If anyone can learn from it though, then at least some good came from it.

Fondly,

Lori

PS; I’m glad the liquid is working fir you!! It will really help at the end of your taper! 👍🏼

thanks Lori --

yes, I updosed and am holding now --- only five weeks into the hold though so far and haven't felt great (but also got both Pfizer vaccines in this five week window and wonder if that has created an uptick in symptoms as I seem so sensitive to anything these days.  can I ask.......when you were in that time where you were dosing three times and cutting -  you said it landed you in bed with horrific symptoms - can I ask what they were?  mine are primarily mental -- just lots of fear/terror/depression/dp/dr