Anyone else experience HR in the 50’s

[Be...]

It really concerns me, and I’m doing some tests for a cardiologist, but I’m wondering if this is part of my CNS trying to re-stabilize or…something. My chest always feels heavy, and I feel tired and listless. Sometimes feel unstable or weird on my feet.

Anyone else had experience with this?

Yep my heart rate is usually 50-55 Bpm. Bradycardia

Do you think it’s because of the WDs? Or has it always been that way? Have you taken anything for it, or had any procedures done?

I had Brady show up on scans before wd but it wasn’t constant like it is now. Drs don’t seem to think it’s a big deal x

Well, that’s good. I’ve been kinda obsessing over it the past few days, so I can’t tell if what I’m feeling is anxiety (likely) or from the low HR.

I have the opposite problem- resting heart rate is hard to get below 90.  It makes it hard to relax, rest, or sleep.

Not to make light of your problem or concerns, but low rate sounds kind of nice in comparison.  Though, Shayna you still have problems sleeping, right?

Sometimes my heart beats so slow it feels like it might stop so it’s not really nice. My hr has been 45 before.

Yep really struggling to sleep

Yeah, this. When it hits the 40’s, it’s kinda scary.

Yep! I run low a lot too. I had a few work ups over the past 6 years for palpitations and the cardiologists were not concerned at all. I used to be athletic but haven’t run in years.

I did a holter monitor for a week and my resting heart rate was 46!

It turned into a health anxiety thing for me. I had to stop wearing my fit bit because I obsessed about it all the time. I haven’t died yet, so knowing my HR all day isn’t helpful.

I am guessing that taking K before bed probably contributes to it being lower, but maybe I’m just made that way. I have a brother that has resting heart rates in 40s but he’s an Ironman and marathoner.

🤷🏻‍♀️

I literally had to do CBT work on not obsessing about my HR.

I have the opposite problem- resting heart rate is hard to get below 90.  It makes it hard to relax, rest, or sleep.

Not to make light of your problem or concerns, but low rate sounds kind of nice in comparison.  Though, Shayna you still have problems sleeping, right?

Same high heart rate here 130-140 standing  >:(

Yeah I tend not to worry about it too much, I’ve got enough other things to worry about. X

Shayna- Look into things that will increase it like salt and metabolic eating to increase your pulse.

Yep! I run low a lot too. I had a few work ups over the past 6 years for palpitations and the cardiologists were not concerned at all. I used to be athletic but haven’t run in years.

I did a holter monitor for a week and my resting heart rate was 46!

It turned into a health anxiety thing for me. I had to stop wearing my fit bit because I obsessed about it all the time. I haven’t died yet, so knowing my HR all day isn’t helpful.

I am guessing that taking K before bed probably contributes to it being lower, but maybe I’m just made that way. I have a brother that has resting heart rates in 40s but he’s an Ironman and marathoner.

🤷🏻‍♀️

I literally had to do CBT work on not obsessing about my HR.

I’ve read that a lot of fit people/athletes have resting HR’s in the 40’s. Maybe that’s why you do? But yeah, I’m trying not to obsess about it anymore. The low resting HR makes me feel weird/off at times, and I still have a couple tests to run, but no one seems to be concerned with my EKG results (which never show my HR that low anyway lol, self monitoring has been what shows it.)

Did the CBT work? I’m about to start it soon for my anxiety/panic disorder.

CBT helps a lot. I just found a workbook on Amazon. Seeing triggers written out (with alternate thoughts) really helps bring them down to a manageable level.

CBT helps a lot. I just found a workbook on Amazon. Seeing triggers written out (with alternate thoughts) really helps bring them down to a manageable level.

Searching for this. Do you have the name? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
I was a long distance runner too when I got sick. But I’m so unfit now. I can’t run anymore. I’ve been a little better the last 2 weeks with hr staying around 53-56 average.