Physical depression

[sa...]

I feel depressed in my muscles.  Does anyone understand that?  It feels like a sort of dull, sickening ache and it's tied into the despair I feel in my heart.  I would so much rather have straight anxiety than this.

Me too. Today was the worst I can remember. My whole body aches but mostly my soul and heart today. I feel like I cannot be alive and feel this bad much longer.

Me too. Today was the worst I can remember. My whole body aches but mostly my soul and heart today. I feel like I cannot be alive and feel this bad much longer.

Oh I am so sorry!  I know what a horrid feeling it is.  I have found that chewing a little fresh ginger root helps the depression somewhat. 

I'm the opposite right now.  Just got through a panic attack and no just sitting in bed shaking like a leaf. 

• 2 months later...
Sorry I've just read this guys. I get what you mean entirely. For me I feel the anxiety and the depression in my legs in particular. In my arms too I suppose but mainly my legs.

Sorry I've just read this guys. I get what you mean entirely. For me I feel the anxiety and the depression in my legs in particular. In my arms too I suppose but mainly my legs.

I always find it strange when people say they have all mental symptoms or all physical symptoms.  I don't think there's any such thing, honestly.  How do we know we're depressed?  We're sad or bored or flat, yes.  But we also feel it as pain in our bodies.  Such awful pain when it's bad! 

I'm glad yours has been only mild lately!  Hopefully it lifts altogether very soon.

Yes.  I know what you mean.  You describe it perfectly.  Felt that way all morning!

So sorry, J!  That's just the worst  :'(

Yeah. I mean for me it is PRIMARILY mental- but it manifests in my body too. I get tinnitus which I never had previously and yeah, that feeling in the body. I don't know if I'd call it pain (for me) but it's certainly unpleasant