Fear of not healing

[gs...]

Does anyone else have a fear of not healing? I deal with some anxiety often and I get air hunger almost everyday. I also have problems with my circadian rhythm ever since benzo withdrawal. I just want to feel normal again. I've been off for 17 months now and it hurts to see people healing way quicker than me. Of course I'm happy for them but I wonder why it's taking so long for me.

It took me 5 years to taper off 60mg Valium. Prior to that I was on 3mg of Klonopin for a few years. I feel like I've been so damaged and I'm wondering what will heal in time and what will stay this way forever.

I haven't found anyone who healed from circadian rhythm disorders and that gives me a lot of stress and fear as well.

The best advice I can give is to practice acceptance and stop obsessing and worrying. There have been people that have had circadian issues that have fixed. Stress alone can cause the circadian rhythm to be out of whack. I don’t deal with non-24 anymore when I’m on melatonin but my sleep is still very off and not normal. The first thing to do is find a way to ease the anxiety/worry/obsession.

How often do you take melatonin? Are you able to sleep at normal times without it?

I take half of a 3mg tablet each night. It doesn’t help me sleep but it keeps my circadian more reasonable than without it. Without it I was getting up at 8pm and if I tried to force it to a daytime schedule it’d cycle until it went back to waking up around 8. With melatonin I can sleep anywhere from 5-7am and get up anywhere from 1:30-4pm. This makes me much less depressed then only seeing nighttime and I’m able to make appointments etc.

How often do you take melatonin? Are you able to sleep at normal times without it?

I take half of a 3mg tablet each night. It doesn’t help me sleep but it keeps my circadian more reasonable than without it. Without it I was getting up at 8pm and if I tried to force it to a daytime schedule it’d cycle until it went back to waking up around 8. With melatonin I can sleep anywhere from 5-7am and get up anywhere from 1:30-4pm. This makes me much less depressed then only seeing nighttime and I’m able to make appointments etc.

I'm not planning to take melatonin yet because I still deal with air hunger which makes it hard to fall asleep and stay asleep. I'm hoping melatonin makes a big difference and even cures the non 24 in the long run. I'm getting tired of these sleep pattern changes.

I'm not planning to take melatonin yet because I still deal with air hunger which makes it hard to fall asleep and stay asleep. I'm hoping melatonin makes a big difference and even cures the non 24 in the long run. I'm getting tired of these sleep pattern changes.

Even if it has no effect on your sleep it can have an effect on your circadian rhythm. I wouldn’t look at melatonin as a cure but just a temporary treatment. I mean there are some who take it forever to maintain their rhythm but it’s very individual. I’m sorry you have air hunger. Do you have anxiety with it?  I wake up every hour do I understand how hard it is to stay asleep.

Even if it has no effect on your sleep it can have an effect on your circadian rhythm. I wouldn’t look at melatonin as a cure but just a temporary treatment. I mean there are some who take it forever to maintain their rhythm but it’s very individual. I’m sorry you have air hunger. Do you have anxiety with it?  I wake up every hour do I understand how hard it is to stay asleep.

Most of the time I get air hunger with no anxiety. I just feel like I can't breathe.

When is the best time to take melatonin before your desired bedtime? I was reading a research article that said people who have non 24 should take melatonin 6 hours before their desired bedtime.

Most of the time I get air hunger with no anxiety. I just feel like I can't breathe.

When is the best time to take melatonin before your desired bedtime? I was reading a research article that said people who have non 24 should take melatonin 6 hours before their desired bedtime.

Ah ok. Yes that’s the standard treatment with non-24. For me it was too early. I take it after 11:30pm as long as it’s before twelve and still end up sleeping around the times I listed earlier.

Ah ok. Yes that’s the standard treatment with non-24. For me it was too early. I take it after 11:30pm as long as it’s before twelve and still end up sleeping around the times I listed earlier.

I was planning to use melatonin along with light treatment as soon as I wake up. I hope it helps.

I was planning to use melatonin along with light treatment as soon as I wake up. I hope it helps.

Fingers crossed for you 🤞

I think I was one of the most severe cases on here. Benzo wd had me in hospitals multiple times and even in an ICU once.

I was getting worse for about 10 months post jump and it was devastating. I almost lost hope that I would ever heal, especially since my trend was downwards not upwards. I thought I was permanently damaged. I think I still have some lingering effects from benzo use and they might never go away (like my monthly migraines, some food sensitivities and I'm still not able to drive freeways) but otherwise, I consider myself mostly healed.

I think I was one of the most severe cases on here. Benzo wd had me in hospitals multiple times and even in an ICU once.

I was getting worse for about 10 months post jump and it was devastating. I almost lost hope that I would ever heal, especially since my trend was downwards not upwards. I thought I was permanently damaged. I think I still have some lingering effects from benzo use and they might never go away (like my monthly migraines, some food sensitivities and I'm still not able to drive freeways) but otherwise, I consider myself mostly healed.

I'm glad you're doing so much better. Do you think the lingering stuff will heal as well?

I'm sure my air hunger will go away. As for my sleep disorder I don't know. That's my biggest issue and what's stressing me out the most.

Does anyone else have a fear of not healing? I deal with some anxiety often and I get air hunger almost everyday. I also have problems with my circadian rhythm ever since benzo withdrawal. I just want to feel normal again. I've been off for 17 months now and it hurts to see people healing way quicker than me. Of course I'm happy for them but I wonder why it's taking so long for me.

It took me 5 years to taper off 60mg Valium. Prior to that I was on 3mg of Klonopin for a few years. I feel like I've been so damaged and I'm wondering what will heal in time and what will stay this way forever.

I haven't found anyone who healed from circadian rhythm disorders and that gives me a lot of stress and fear as well.

My fear of not healing runs deep at 10 months.  I have to fight the demons that say I wont heal every day.  Like you I get air hunger to the point that I feel like I am suffocating.  My chest, throat and nose tighten so much that I feel like I have sleep apnea every night.  The cortisol surges start at 2am jolting me awake and last until afternoon.  The anxiety in the mornings is unbearable.  I am exhausted.

I too take melatonin but not sure it really helps much.  It makes me sleepy but it doesnt stop the surges.  So I just wind up sleepy and severly anxious.

The only thing that brings me hope is that I see a lot of folks healing.  I know someday we may join them.  I think though it may take some time.

This fear of not healing is an everyday thing early in this journey.  This takes a long long time

• 3 months later...

This is an old thread and I don’t know if you visit this page anymore, but I saw another thread where you said you had the tripping out sensation and in your signature it said you had dystonia. Have both of those resolved for you by any chance? They are few of the lingering bad ones for me. Hope you are doing as well as possible. Sending hope and healing!

I can relate.. It saddens me to read how quickly people recover while I am stuck in bed still so far out. Although I am happy of course for those people that they don’t need to suffer like this. How are you doing?

I understand your frustration. I'm still struggling myself at going on almost 19 months out. I was looking at baylissa. Com website and people talk about healing from all kinds of problems and I'm sure even circadian rhythm problems will completely heal. I do think using the Melatonin is a good idea, I use it myself. I've read a number of success stories and it's pretty amazing how the most horrific things just disappear when you heal. I'm looking forward to that day myself. Good healing to you!

LiveLife

I don't think I'm going to heal. I'm 3 years off in January very little improvement. Anxiety and intrusive thoughts. Given up planning anything anymore.