Just about ready to throw in the towel.

[Ki...]

I’m seriously losing hope in a full recovery now. It’s so disheartening to say the least to still be dealing with anxiety, agoraphobia, racing mind/body, physical pains, muscle twitches. Like I’m losing hope after feeling better for a good 4 weeks not 100% but this wave is just seriously taking me down into the gutters and I’m just here wishing and waiting at 10 months off.

That is amazing that you felt good for four whole weeks. I know you said it wasn't completely better but that is wonderful. That sounds like you really healing to me you're just in a difficult way right now but I'm sure it's going to pass. I've been really discouraged because I don't have any windows and I'm suffering so much. I've been getting terrible panicky fear waking me up three times a night and then I end up being awakened in the morning to fear. And I have a lot of terrible left-sided pain it's hard to get through the day. Hopefully your wave will pass for you soon. I'm sure it must be discouraging to after feeling better and then crashing again. I'm sorry! But, You are healing!

LiveLife

The fact that you felt progress "better" is so encouraging. This is just the typical waves and windows nonsense that is this craptastic journey....I had a good day and then boom the next day horrible. I have never had more than a day or half day of feeling better. I fully believe that you will certainly heal. It is just when those waves come and knock you off it is so discouraging and you think you are getting worse but that is part of the lies that this thing tells us..... I am serious when I say this. I believe that this Benzo withdrawal experience is the devil just messing with us. The discouragement and despair and thoughts of "never getting well" just push us to complete despair. All lies.

You will have more windows. And less waves. The windows are proof something is going on and it is good. I know you will write a success story about this and it will say"I had a wave after feeling pretty good and I was sure that I would never get better but I did"

I find reading success stories where the person had some waves and then windows pretty encouraging. I also like Baylissa Frederick's book "Recovery and Renewall" She had a lot of waves and windows.

It's gonna be ok. You will be having a window again.

I’m seriously losing hope in a full recovery now. It’s so disheartening to say the least to still be dealing with anxiety, agoraphobia, racing mind/body, physical pains, muscle twitches. Like I’m losing hope after feeling better for a good 4 weeks not 100% but this wave is just seriously taking me down into the gutters and I’m just here wishing and waiting at 10 months off.

In reality, you are doing very well for 10 months off.  I wonder I'd we dont set our expectations a bit to high during this process.

What I have learned is this takes a looong time

Hingie

Hang in there. Month 9/10 were pure hell for me. It gets better. Don’t loose hope. Read success stories. They help.

No pain, no gain! YOU GOT THIS!

Do you want:

A life on meds where you might feel better initially but then get sicker as time goes on and have to re-do this later?

OR....

Would you rather suffer for now and have a fulfilling and happy life later?

I think you know the answer. Keep your head in the game. You're not alone. Each and every one of us on this site is or was suffering just as bad as you were at one point. Hang on. One day that wave will end and you'll see better days again.