any buddies mid taper struggling/feeling acute -- hit a snag?

[30...]

HI,

I see so many folks talking about getting off the meds and hitting a rough patch - but I am mid taper and really in a rough spot.  updosed a month ago and waiting it out ----going to try a long hold to see if I can gain some stability.  a lot of internal agitation/burning/coming out of my skin feeling and a lot of mental stuff -- depression in morning, looping scary thoughts, tons of fear and terror ---

just wondering if there are others that still have a long way to go and are kind of "stuck" and this could be a thread to offer some support. 

HI,

I see so many folks talking about getting off the meds and hitting a rough patch - but I am mid taper and really in a rough spot.  updosed a month ago and waiting it out ----going to try a long hold to see if I can gain some stability.  a lot of internal agitation/burning/coming out of my skin feeling and a lot of mental stuff -- depression in morning, looping scary thoughts, tons of fear and terror ---

just wondering if there are others that still have a long way to go and are kind of "stuck" and this could be a thread to offer some support.

Same situation, here. I'm stuck. I feel as if I'll never get below this amount. I have to updose as well/reinstate to higher amounts when taper begins to fail. I don't think I'll ever get off.

avril,

I am so sorry --- your byline says "severely kindled" - have you been on benzos before?  I was on them before and just walked off - so I guess a cold turkey and was also just cold turkeyed off gabapentin a year ago as well.....

are you holding right now?

avril,

I am so sorry --- your byline says "severely kindled" - have you been on benzos before?  I was on them before and just walked off - so I guess a cold turkey and was also just cold turkeyed off gabapentin a year ago as well.....

are you holding right now?

I just updated my profile to give more details on my background with benzo/gaba medications.  I used to be able to get off no problem when I was in my 20s. Now I'm in my 30s and cannot get off at all. Yes I'm holding. I'm trying to stabilize after a reinstatement to a higher amount.  It's an absolute neverending nightmare.

avril, never mind I see this last taper has been like over two years to get from 1.25 to .2. 

so a nice slow and steady taper.  before you crashed at .175 a few weeks ago -- were you feeling pretty good in the taper?