Low Dose Doxepin at Night

[Sa...]

Hi,

I'm currently hit by insomnia right now. Zopiclone not having much effect anymore. Tried trazodone, didn't do much and my doctor recommended Doxepin (3 to 6 mg). Ashton also recommends this med for insomnia along with elavil. Anyone ever tried Doxepin / Silenor and what dose did you take?

thanks!

I took elavil and doxepin. Elavil I had every single side effect and it did some damage to my eye (dr confirmed) then I was switched to doxepin, I was on 25-50 and it never helped with sleep. I was also on zopiclone.

Honestly I’d get off zop ASAP now u have hit tolerance. That stuff causes more damage the longer u take it.

Can you try unisom? If I was to suggest any ad it would be mertazapine but before u do maybe pop over to Remeron/mertazapine board. Sometimes people have just as hard a time getting off that.

I’m so sorry but u will have to get used to not sleeping well. It’s the nature of the beast xx

I have never tried doxepin or elavil but I have tried a bunch of other meds that don't work for me. I agree with Shayna that insomnia (for some people) is just part of withdrawal. Mine is getting better slowly but I just have to hang in there and wait for it to get better.

Wishing you the best of luck with your sleep.

HM

• 1 month later...