Issues Crossing Over

[te...]

Hello!  I'm joining BenzoBuddies because it seems to me that there is really no better place to get information about how terrible these drugs are!

I have switched between prescriptions of Xanax, Valium and Klonopin over the course of 4 years.  I have been up and down on dosages over the years and had most recently been taking 1mg of Klonopin with the occasional extra pill for situations of panic.  I switched over to Valium again slowly recently and have been having issues.

I have gotten off of benzodiazepines many times without any issues but a little over a month ago I started quickly tapering from Klonopin.  I thought that things were going fine so I just dropped the dose entirely and I had a very bad c/t episode.  Thankfully I had more to take but things have not been the same.  I have now begun tapering from 20mg Valium.

Hello tenpercentslink :hug: Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

We are glad you decided to join.  I know it feels tough for you right now, but it will get better.  Withdrawal does get harder with each taper.  You've come to a good place for information and support about benzo withdrawal and recovery.    The recommended taper rate is 5-10% every 10-14 days,  many must go more slowly to keep their withdrawal symptoms manageable. Take your time, don't try and rush it, slow is the way to go with these drugs. You will get plenty of support to help you through this.

Here are some links to get you started.

I suggest you check out the Ashton Manual, its a great resource for understanding the effect that benzodiazepine’s have on our body.    It provides tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

The Ashton Manual

You can post here to get some taper ideas: 

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

Post here to discuss any symptoms you might have:

Withdrawal Support

If you care to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Feel free to post on any of our dedicated boards. 

Welcome Aboard

Magrita